Sign in to follow this  
Moon

Perflexia - defrag map

Thank you for trying out my map Fuzz. I'm curious, does it send you back to room one when you fall in the lava? You should be spawning back at the beginning of the blue jump strafe pads again..not the very first room. I'm still working out the kinks and flaws in the map. 

Thank you for trying out my map Fuzz. I'm curious, does it send you back to room one when you fall in the lava? You should be spawning back at the beginning of the blue jump strafe pads again..not the very first room. I'm still working out the kinks and flaws in the map. 

Yeah, it does send me back to the first room, not to the strafe pads.

The spacing on the beginning part is kinda bad - it's too easy to overjump if you actually use air control (which you should). I'm talking about the platforms elevated just above the starting room.

The ramp-jump has the potential to get all the way to the second double-jump platform. I dunno if this was intended, but the floor and the ramp should be lowered by quite a bit.

The spacing on the strafe pads is OK, but forcing a prejump-style start feels bad to me. I'm not sure if it's even possible to start from the edge of the platform and skip the prejump.

The pillars with the 180 degree turn has a small brush sticking out of the top, and it's very easy to stick to it. Move it into the brush below it so it doesn't stick up at all.

The weird jumppad/airstrafe segment will kill you if you mess it up. That's no fun, since it's not really obvious where you're supposed to go (you can't see your destination).

The segment after the telejump suffers from the same issue as the strafe pads, where they require a prejump, but also the other pillars, where you can get stuck to the floor and lose all your speed/need to doublejump/mess up spacing.

The jumps are nice though. If bug-free, it's a pretty nice map.

P.S. TOO BAD YOU AREN'T GONNA WORK ON IT ANY MORE NOOOO

Found the footing a bit awkward on the last section. Platform 1 and 3 are too close compared to the rest, and 4 is quite far. I found that I would always over jump the third platform, and if I didn't then the 4th was too far with the small amount of speed I had to actually land on the third. Also all the little 1u ledges on them can tend to steal your jumps a lot, making it more frustrating than it needs to be. I'd recommend smoothing them out with a clip brush over top. Otherwise it's a pretty fun little run, I really like the aesthetics. 

When skybox customization is added then open space maps like these have the potential to look beautiful.  They might looks a bit cheesy and basic now but when skyboxes are added these are going to be some of the prettiest defrag maps to play on.

Thanks for the map, it's great fun!

Some 2c feedback:

• I happened to fall through the world once at the jump pad section
  • The parts after the strafe jump section over the lava seemed easier to me than the previous ones 

Thank you for playing and thank you for the feed back. I will be updating the jumpPad section so that if you do fall you'll just respawn blue room. I will probably extend the purple room stilt jumps. 

Thank you for playing and thank you for the feed back. I will be updating the jumpPad section so that if you do fall you'll just respawn blue room. I will probably extend the purple room stilt jumps. 

Cheers!

Thanks for the update!

The whole map feels good.

Some more feedback: in the very last section (bh) i think the last pillar could be a little further. I tend to jump too far when making full use of aircontrol, is it on purpose?

Hey hey I'm back with the final update for this map as I'll be spending time working on a new map. DL link is in the original OP now also. 

dl - https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ovz5qizm6ngy87/Perflexia_Moon.map?dl=0

Added no light texture to smooth things out and fixed the spacing on some jumps. Thanks Karma and everyone else. Please type "map perflexia_moon" in console to play. I renamed it.

Nice map! Some of the jumps really annoy the crap out of me, so it must be good! :)

Stuff like weaving on the last bit so you don't go too fast (seen in emma's video) irks me haha

Also, I was disappointed at the lack of an easter egg in the lava.