Sign in to follow this  
rednose.

Server Motd

Question

Im curious if reflex supports a Message of the Day (Motd), So when you join a server a Message pops up on the middle of your screen and in the console with a custom message when you join the server. If not any chance of it happening in the future?.

Also on a side note, I would like to be able to change or infact disable the warm up timer, its very annoying on a race server, all in all more server configeration options would be great ^^ but yea no motd?

3 answers to this question

I was thinking about this too.

At the moment servers are just servers and not community hubs. Things I loved about games like cs 1.6 that there would community servers with regular players, with some kind of inner rules. I would think this would be useful to make communities in servers, to have inner rules, that would be suggested to stick to. Those rules might make community hub servers with  its community.

I mostly at the moment see this useful for ATDM servers, for example suggesting that you shouldn't join match if it would make team unbalanced, last joined player if team unbalanced would go to specs and etc. Those wouldn't be strict rules, but something that server community could follow to make public games much better.

Also there could be more useful information as well. I see this as great addition to the game and tool for players for creating communities.

At least that's how I see it, it's only one opinion :) 

On 20/05/2016 at 9:44 PM, Grybzt said:

I was thinking about this too.

At the moment servers are just servers and not community hubs. Things I loved about games like cs 1.6 that there would community servers with regular players, with some kind of inner rules. I would think this would be useful to make communities in servers, to have inner rules, that would be suggested to stick to. Those rules might make community hub servers with  its community.

I mostly at the moment see this useful for ATDM servers, for example suggesting that you shouldn't join match if it would make team unbalanced, last joined player if team unbalanced would go to specs and etc. Those wouldn't be strict rules, but something that server community could follow to make public games much better.

Also there could be more useful information as well. I see this as great addition to the game and tool for players for creating communities.

At least that's how I see it, it's only one opinion :) 

It is true about rules too, i had rules showing in some of my old servers years ago, for other q3 based games. The ability to add an motd is usefull for every one and every game mode =o