Jump to content
shooter

Development Roadmap (June 2016) - updated July 2016

Recommended Posts

Really looking forward to mutators, and training so I can show newer players these things to help them. See a lot of drop-off in Australia because even our 'worst' players make minced meat out of newer players. Maybe we should focus on newbie cups for a while, especially after Steam sales (I have plans/dreams for after the next Steam sale...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, YasashiiKyojin said:

Stake will be making a return in experimental for .46 :D

STEAAAAAAAAAK :o:o:o

Edit: we need more maps like smiledm1 if the stakegun is returning - maps built with stake movement in mind. Autobots activate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2016 at 2:16 PM, Jaguar said:

Am I missing something? Why do so many seem to want the stake gun back? Is it just because it is fun or because you can do jumps off the stakes or what? Or both?!

If you would do your next live stream & casting and some of the top players would hit out of this world stakes you would probably comment like Joe Rogan

when Anderson Silva did his magic back in the day ;) (like your MMA allusions btw.)

Isn't it a more impressive to hit a mid air rocket (prediction skills required) than a bolt (hit scan)

and isn't it a bit more impressive to hit a stake mid air that flies on a parabolic trajectory?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't know what the dmg of the stake was cause I didn't play Reflex when it was still in the game. I just like the idea of a high skill/high dmg starter weapon. But anyway I know it will never happen to big of a change... but for duel it seems way more exciting to ME (subjective opinion I don't want to hear why it's objective wrong thx (not directed to you Nicholas))...

How to fix the Burst gun I have no idea, depends on what top players want for duel and what casual players want for ffa etc. and I am not sure if this is compatible anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aletheia said:

If you would do your next live stream & casting and some of the top players would hit out of this world stakes you would probably comment like Joe Rogan

when Anderson Silva did his magic back in the day ;) (like your MMA allusions btw.)

Isn't it a more impressive to hit a mid air rocket (prediction skills required) than a bolt (hit scan)

and isn't it a bit more impressive to hit a stake mid air that flies on a parabolic trajectory?

For sure, I just figured there might have been something else going on! And woo, MMA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, furyaxsfigkjhn said:

Stakegun did 80 dmg when it was still in the game..

Welcome back Stakegun <3

Maybe devs can make stake 90 or 100 dmg and at the same time reduce boltrifle dmg to 75 and also reduce it's cooldown slightly.

How much did the bolt when the stake was still in the game?

Someone had the idea that the dmg of the bolt depends on how long you let it cool down. I think it was in three steps like 25, 50, 75 dmg depending the cool down period. What seems a cool idea, problem would be that you could than hit a 75 and a quick 25 and spawn frag quickly. Cool down is 1,8 sec (if I am not wrong) atm so to "punish" for the first shot 80 dmg (or the proposed 75 dmg) you couldn't do a 0,6 sec for the 25 dmg shot but a longer one. Like 1 sec 25, 1.5 sec 50 1.8 sec 75...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

off-topic: Conor or Nate?

I think if Conor has learned from his mistake and trained properly, he's got a good chance. And I think he has, so I'm siding with Conor this time. I think...! I do think he's a better fighter than Nate, but Nate won from experience and resilience last time and Conor was being an idiot and head-hunting him the whole time. I think he's smart enough to learn from the mistake and come back better for it. It'll be interesting for sure :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

I think if Conor has learned from his mistake and trained properly, he's got a good chance. And I think he has, so I'm siding with Conor this time. I think...! I do think he's a better fighter than Nate, but Nate won from experience and resilience last time and Conor was being an idiot and head-hunting him the whole time. I think he's smart enough to learn from the mistake and come back better for it. It'll be interesting for sure :D

Did you hear Conor spent 300k $ for this training camp... crazy... guess we could go on with this topic for hours but we don't want to spam this thread.

The only thing I want to say because it seems to be consensus was Conor really tired after 1 round head-hunting? He said it immediately afterwards and everybody excepted it (the press and fans) "more muscle mass" so he fatigued earlier... at the same time he and his coach are stating that his walk around weight is pretty much the same... sorry wrong forum :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aletheia said:

Did you hear Conor spent 300k $ for this training camp... crazy... guess we could go on with this topic for hours but we don't want to spam this thread.

The only thing I want to say because it seems to be consensus was Conor really tired after 1 round head-hunting? He said it immediately afterwards and everybody excepted it (the press and fans) "more muscle mass" so he fatigued earlier... at the same time he and his coach are stating that his walk around weight is pretty much the same... sorry wrong forum :)

This place sorely needs an off-topic subforum... :D I could talk about this for ages. Six figure sums for training camps, for champions, are not unheard of by the way. They don't hold back once they've got the money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

This place sorely needs an off-topic subforum... :D I could talk about this for ages. Six figure sums for training camps, for champions, are not unheard of by the way. They don't hold back once they've got the money!

a second vote for an off-topic subforum ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see more maps included in the "official" map option, cause I am getting REALLY tired people playing Campgrounds and Dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would make it a bit easier to get new players form other games playing Reflex specific maps!

Just the most obvious example The Catalyst is the most "official" map in Reflex at the moment, why is it not considered official without quotation marks???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2016 at 4:07 PM, Aletheia said:

I would like to see more maps included in the "official" map option, cause I am getting REALLY tired people playing Campgrounds and Dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would make it a bit easier to get new players form other games playing Reflex specific maps!

Just the most obvious example The Catalyst is the most "official" map in Reflex at the moment, why is it not considered official without quotation marks???

I'd like to see maps tagged properly, and ideally marked for a certain number of players. Duel maps show up as FFA, a CTF map showed up as a race map, etc. Most frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2016 at 11:07 AM, Aletheia said:

I would like to see more maps included in the "official" map option, cause I am getting REALLY tired people playing Campgrounds and Dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would make it a bit easier to get new players form other games playing Reflex specific maps!

Just the most obvious example The Catalyst is the most "official" map in Reflex at the moment, why is it not considered official without quotation marks???

maybe the noobs will stick around a little longer if they're not lead away from playing maps they're familiar with and already like :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×