Sign in to follow this  
Sab0o

Most urgent fixes, IMO

Positional Sound
It's incredibly difficult to tell where enemies are using sound, even if you stand still and focus on trying to do so.
The sound issue is the biggest one in the game in my opinion, reducing emphasis on intelligent positional play, because you often can't tell where your opponent is coming from until you see him.
CSGO has lots of sound customization commands, this may be useful as a reference. I don't want want cvars to change the sound in Reflex though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3zqtvm/improved_csgo_sound_why_the_popular_settings_suck/

!!!!!!!!EDIT!!!!!!!!: The sound isn't as bad as I thought, I discovered there was a problem with my sound setup. My bad, sorry.

edit ages later after thread is dead: that is to say, the sound is still shit, just not as quite as bad as I was experiencing.

https://youtu.be/SOUIawyszTQ
This makes close up fights really awkward.

GAMMA
FUCKING ADD A GAMMA SLIDER please

more minor issues:
Players legs are dark and hard to see.
Contrast is too high, dark maps and very white sparks and explosions in your face, makes it hard to see clearly, gamma slider might help fix this.
Sparks in the face during LG fights sucks.

I have a suggestion for changing the hitboxes that might help with the perceived problems with rocket splash in reflex
I actually don't know if the current hitboxes are capsules, they are right? Anyway:
L1cpwxD.png
This would make it easier to hit people's feet with rockets.

Just some thoughts I've had while trying to play some duels recently. :)

Everybody has already whined about sound but I will do it anyway! I really relied on sound in CPM and I am disoriented in reflex! But I do understand that it's not a fast or simple fix/change. I'll just have to not play team modes for now. : (

Buuuuuuuuuuuut:

On 6/20/2016 at 3:56 AM, Sab0o said:

GAMMA
FUCKING ADD A GAMMA SLIDER please
Contrast is too high [...]

So much this! My eyes! The contrast is crazy, doesn't help that many mappers like neon eye cancer. It's why I really didn't like Warsow visually.

r_gamma & r_intensity (& r_mapoverbrightbits?) pls

Related to this I'd like some kind of bloom(or other selective brightness settings) that only works for enemy models and items and NOT ON LAVA/TELEPORTERS/OTHER NEON SHIT. There used to be an r_bloom that didn't light up map stuff so much, bring it back!

Hmm, since this is a bug subforum...

[bug] missing r_gamma, r_intensity

[bug] missing r_no_map_bloom

On 20. 6. 2016 at 2:56 AM, Sab0o said:

Sparks in the face during LG fights sucks.

This x1000. After sparks were added my IC accuracy went way downhill because the sparks were too distracting. Couldn't get used to them at all so I simply edited the files to make them transparent. I really thought they would be removed.

I wouldn't mind sparks when you hit other surfaces as long as they don't appear instantly but take 1s to build up. Sparks on robots is a big no - distracting and bad visibility, both when getting hit and when hitting somebody else.

Please reconsider them.

14 hours ago, banReflex said:

This x1000. After sparks were added my IC accuracy went way downhill because the sparks were too distracting. Couldn't get used to them at all so I simply edited the files to make them transparent. I really thought they would be removed.

I wouldn't mind sparks when you hit other surfaces as long as they don't appear instantly but take 1s to build up. Sparks on robots is a big no - distracting and bad visibility, both when getting hit and when hitting somebody else.

Please reconsider them.

Main reason i don't play actively this game is really bad sounds and bad visibility, just can't used to it , on some big fights i can't see even my croshair, all those sparks ,effects are too distracting :( It's mess up my aim too. Hope they will add possibility to remove them.Can u share widget to transparent spars please?

6 hours ago, NicholasWalters said:

Main reason i don't play actively this game is really bad sounds and bad visibility, just can't used to it , on some big fights i can't see even my croshair, all those sparks ,effects are too distracting :( It's mess up my aim too. Hope they will add possibility to remove them.Can u share widget to transparent spars please?

It's not a widget, just put this folder inside of ../base/internal/effects.

Post if you find it better without sparks, the more the better...