MAD_JIHAD

Whats the best map for new players to start on?

For new players sticking to one map at first and then applying the knowledge onto other maps is probably the optimal way to go about learning duels. I was wondering what people think the best map for that would be for players brand new to the genre.

I was thinking one with few or no required trick jumps for items, for example Outworld or Aerowalk wouldn't be the best starting map. More than 2 teleporters can be confusing as they are pretty unintuitive for first time non-afps players.

Thoughts? :ph34r:

i like catalyst for new players.

its the practically default duel map atm anyway, its basically 2 rooms. it has not so hard places for new players to practice stair and tp jump(the mh jump i mean).

the only slight complication is the weird tp exit. 

I'm new to this game and AFPS, only played Quake Live for about a week before getting Reflex, and my favorite map so far is Furnace but it's definitely not the best for new players since it is hard to get control of red if the other person is dominating. I had an easier time on Pocket Infinity but there's a teleport I couldn't quite figure out where I always ended up in the damaging white-blue liquid (plasma?).

On the side of Quake remake maps the game also has a pretty good version of Blood Run and Campgrounds that I like, though I think Blood Run is a better duel map and Campgrounds leans toward FFA.

I'll probably try out some of the other ones suggested on here :)

I don't know map names, but the one I think it's like thc13 or something with the railgun in that line of 4 armors and the mega on its own nook that you have to jump to and the red armor in the corner surrounded by lava. Everything is easily accesible, but quicker to access if you learn some basic movement tricks. And there are enough teleports that you learn the value of knowing precisely where they go.

Source: I'm a noob

Edited by BattleSnacks
Typo

3 hours ago, BattleSnacks said:

I don't know map names, but the one I think it's like thc13 or something with the railgun in that line of 4 armors and the mega on its own nook that you have to jump to and the red armor in the corner surrounded by lava. Everything is easily accesible, but quicker to access if you learn some basic movement tricks. And there are enough teleports that you learn the value of knowing precisely where they go.

Source: I'm a noob

That's The Catalyst.

On 7/11/2016 at 6:26 PM, king said:

That's The Catalyst.

A map that I would say is probably the hardest of the non-ported Reflex maps. That being said if you get good on The Catalyst you should definitely be able to adapt to other maps easily.