BattleSnacks

Subscribed maps not available offline?

Question

I subscribed to several maps on the steam workshop but when I try to host a server without checking off the steam thing I only have to maps to pick from. Is this a bug or did I just goof and screw something up?

9 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Infuscomus said:

It works if I allow the steam integration, along with tons of maps and even official ones. That's weird, why do the other maps are impossible to have without steam ?

u can make it way easier for urself.

just get on steam and load the map u want in workshop. when u have it -> console -> savemap mapnameofurwishes -> enter

and this with all the maps u wanna have offline. done

The subscribe function downloads the maps to Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\328070\<workshopid>

With the ingame browser you can only see maps in Reflex\maps.

a temporary fix would be to just copy them there but you get a bunch of maps with weird numbers for names...kind of like it was before the workshop update ;)

7 hours ago, NeuerGolf said:

The subscribe function downloads the maps to Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\328070\<workshopid>

With the ingame browser you can only see maps in Reflex\maps.

a temporary fix would be to just copy them there but you get a bunch of maps with weird numbers for names...kind of like it was before the workshop update ;)

Thank you very much, also, I like the numbers.

Its been a few days but I think its worth noting for anyone reading this for help that the folder was called reflexfps for me and not reflex. (I think it has something to do with the date you install the game)

I've been downloading a map today (Campgrounds from Q3 remix) and I found it in the workshop folder. I copied and pasted it in my maps folder and I see it when I want to create a server but when I try to launch it (when not available on steam, box unticked, but with editor mode available because I want to take a look at it) it doesn't load, or it loads rapidly but then I'm on the main menu again.

Did anyone succeeded in opening maps to try them in editor mode ?

Also, is it normal that I have only two maps, "empty" and another one when I want to create a server ? I've been away for quite some time, but I remember there were plenty of maps playable before one of the last big patches that changed the menu and so on.

15 minutes ago, BattleSnacks said:

Maybe try playing the campgrounds map in steam mode then try non-steam mode? I know some games dont download subscribed stuff til your ingame

It works if I allow the steam integration, along with tons of maps and even official ones. That's weird, why do the other maps are impossible to have without steam ?

46 minutes ago, def said:

u can make it way easier for urself.

just get on steam and load the map u want in workshop. when u have it -> console -> savemap mapnameofurwishes -> enter

and this with all the maps u wanna have offline. done

Ah, now we're talking ^^.

I knew about this command actually, I've seen it in the editor tutorial, just didn't think of it :). Thank you very much.