Snows

Visual Artifacts

I couldn't upload all of them, but I took many screenshots. Included my dxdiag.txt

http://steamcommunity.com/id/snowstreams/screenshots/?appid=328070&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=grid

Some strange artifacts would flicker into view at certain spots on the map and only at specific (but broad) viewing angles. 

They look like some kind of oil, I dunno

post-202-0-06888800-1415153975_thumb.jpg

post-202-0-13403100-1415153976_thumb.jpg

post-202-0-04777900-1415153977_thumb.jpg

post-202-0-17295600-1415153978_thumb.jpg

post-202-0-83561800-1415153978_thumb.jpg

post-202-0-66807000-1415153980_thumb.jpg

DxDiag.txt

Cant see what r9 200 series you are running from that DxDiag or i just dont know where to look, but i had a r9 270x for about 6 months, saw more artifacts in random games for no reason with it then i had seen of 10 years Nvidia.

i suppose that it use opengl, right? i recognized the issue.

If not ignore this post, this is my error.......

I know that amd cards has frequently issues with opengl; at work we build sims dedicated for engineriing training for harsh environment and i have to dela frequently with this issue, but i also noticed that the problem and the workarounds are the same for many opengl games.

The issue it's always the same and it's in a library named atioglxx.dll located in syswow64 or system32 depending on the os;

the workaround is to place a different version, that may be newer or older than the driver,  near the sim or the game executable.

Maybe you need to replace the one in windows folder (with the ones i tested, just putting the old version ner the sim or game executable solved the problem).

Looks like combining different version of drivers ant this library doesn't generate compatibility isses, at least never happened.

You my ask, what version of atioglxx.dll i need? Since i'm at home now i don't know and just got here trought same screenshots;

i can tell at least that two of those libraries work with any driver version, one is from drivers released around december 2013 and the other was around the same period, can't tell if 2014 or 2013, can't even tell if it came from a beta or whl driver,

but i remember that the sizes are 22mb and 21mb; also the curios thing is that if the new driver is faster even the old library get faster; i wonder what are they doing.......

Hope it help, since it look that this trick work often and i didn't found anything about on the net.

Ah, sorry; missed an useful informations; you may find a copy of all previous drivers you installed in the past inside WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository in folders cw* or cx* or around so you may already have multiple dll to try.

The AMD glitches appear to be drastically reduced in the upcoming 0.31. It still occurs occasionally on gibs it looks like, I haven't been able to track that issue down as of yet. 

0.31 should be landing in a few days, please let me know how you go on it.

Thanks

r_decals 0

cl_gibs_maxcount 0

Turning off gibs gets rid of model related artifacts for me. These artifacts tend to be an existing model in the map, such as the spawner pad light of an item. Being randomly oriented and scaled way up at a random location in the map. As if a despawning gib caused a model to be moved somewhere else.

Screencap taken from the video 2 posts above, you can see what appears to be the Ion Cannon placeholder being scaled up a ton, flickering in for 1 frame.

rdnEk85m.png

Turning off decals gets rid of decal related artifacts, such as those odd large circular artifacts that appear on the ground.

The AMD glitches appear to be drastically reduced in the upcoming 0.31. It still occurs occasionally on gibs it looks like, I haven't been able to track that issue down as of yet.

0.31 should be landing in a few days, please let me know how you go on it.

Thanks

Game is still unplayable with gibs and decals enabled.

Already posted into the steam forums but i seem to have the very same issues. Also if the bug happens the game seem to crash on exit.

Game is running maxed on my 7950 with the latest beta driver (15.3). If the issue happens gibs seem to be bugged and the game starts to have some "artifact flickering" on some spots.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422333303 example of how the gibs look like

I got no idea if it's related or not but it tends to happen when there's a lot of people on the map. I got a radeon too and yet another video if needed. Weapons skins change of color or materials very often too. 

Very disco feeling.

Anyway I got problems with many games since I've bought this radeon. 

I got no idea if it's related or not but it tends to happen when there's a lot of people on the map. I got a radeon too and yet another video if needed. Weapons skins change of color or materials very often too. 

Very disco feeling.

Anyway I got problems with many games since I've bought this radeon. 

Yep, more players => more gibs => more chance for the artefacts to occur.

It's super annoying when I try to record a frag from a demo, so I have all my graphics on max, then TADA! Half way through my export I get a massive shit on the screen.

Btw, just to help the devs out, what exact graphics card and driver are you using?

Oh yes; I forgot about that since it's just another R9, 270.

(& i don't recommend it)

What kind of problems are you getting in other games? If you're getting artifacting in lots of games, it could be a defective card, which you should return if it's under warranty.

I've been rolling with a 270x for a while now, and I occasionally get it (only occurs on-line, with lots of players + gibs).

I did recently run into something which _may_ be the cause, interested to see if it still happens after 0.34.0.

Got a new glitch I noticed while jumping around on hellsgate_v1_eth but it's fairly hard to see because little contrast but I'll try and mark it out for you in this screenshot... sorry about no drawingskillz at all.. it's like a line that trails there from top left to bottom right.. visible against the gray building in the left bubble and against the pillars in the right.. probably washed out dude to compression now though.. it's fairly faint but quite noticeable when moving around

i0mTC75.jpg

Got a new glitch I noticed while jumping around on hellsgate_v1_eth but it's fairly hard to see because little contrast but I'll try and mark it out for you in this screenshot... sorry about no drawingskillz at all.. it's like a line that trails there from top left to bottom right.. visible against the gray building in the left bubble and against the pillars in the right.. probably washed out dude to compression now though.. it's fairly faint but quite noticeable when moving around

-snip

JPEG compression destroys this image, can barely make out what you're pointing out. Try again with PNG. You might also want to check if the artifact occurs once you've built the lightmap, because if not, then it doesn't matter.

oki... I'll check it out with lm.. be back tomorrow when it's done >_<

-snip

Oki after an hour building lm here's what I got in png this time

Another JPEG, but yes, I can see what you mean now (barely). 

i0mTC75.jpg

Yeah this is a known one going in the update. Due to sun shadows. Will fix eventually. Cheers :)