Padawan

gameplay

On 7/23/2016 at 5:02 PM, Mot said:
12 hours ago, frwny said:

I feel like this is a really underrated post. This is easily the number 1 most frustrating thing about combat in Reflex at the moment.

Yeah, it's actually the main reason why I'm against buffing the RL right now. If they changed up the knockback mechanics so RL fights weren't so random, though, I'd be all for trying out a splash damage/hitbox buff. 

Also, and maybe this is just me and some of my friends, but does anybody else find that the faster ground accel in this game makes ad spamming way more effective than in other afps games? Even when I watch top level players in tournaments, they can't properly track an ad spamming opponent any better than I can and I know their aim is better than mine. Just seems like it dumbs down the skill required to actually dodge and track at medium range. 

On 7/25/2016 at 6:21 AM, Pill_ said:

Plasma jumping with quad in ctf is a little problematic. You get around one and a half of an un-quadded rocket jump with less health loss. It's a little hard to think of an elegant solution though.

It's only vertical though, because with the splash radius of plasma, you can't go sideways unless you're against a wall or something.

To chime back in on this discussion... i took the liberty to port thct7 to CPM, with the aid of Lasker, and added all entities and converted all the weapon/armor timings (except for the mega because that works inherently different in CPM) etc to the Reflex ones (couldn't ask tehace for permission since he vanished, but we didn't use any of his textures). So basically it's the genuine thct7 experience... in cpm. Why? To illustrate how much more balanced it feels (imo), with CPM's weapon balance. If you want to give it a try for comparison's sake: https://mega.nz/#!EJAhkAgR!tVw8oL9cYucTrl4zM3e2ooxjguRR5vFrJEMCvxe9PTM

Mandatory info: place the pk3 file into your baseq3 folder. Open up the console and type /map thct7. Get CPM here (you will need original Quake 3 or atleast pak0.pk3: http://playmorepromode.org/

9 hours ago, Padawan said:

To illustrate how much more balanced it feels (imo)https://mega.nz/#!EJAhkAgR!tVw8oL9cYucTrl4zM3e2ooxjguRR5vFrJEMCvxe9PTM

before someone says something about how its nostalgia or bias I tried it and it felt better for me too. Control didn't come down to a coin toss rocket fight and you couldn't sit with hitscan out because of hum or play lasker style because of ammo. The rail ms and mega timing with no global sound is pretty autismo though

2 hours ago, fuglaa said:

before someone says something about how its nostalgia or bias I tried it and it felt better for me too. Control didn't come down to a coin toss rocket fight and you couldn't sit with hitscan out because of hum or play lasker style because of ammo. The rail ms and reload timing is pretty autismo though

Lasker style?

2 hours ago, seekax said:

I think nobody would argue that Reflex is as balanced as CPM is at the moment, but that's kinda what you'd expect when you experiment with changes. We can always go back to CPM's balance if we can't come up with something better.

The changes are so minute and almost solely changing a few variables, it's worrying as this game gets closer to release

I'd like to see top players like Hal,Rama,Kyto asked about gameplay but that doesn't appear to be happening and every experimental change is just a guess seemingly.

6 hours ago, Morgoth said:

Lasker style?

rush freshspawns with shaft

6 hours ago, Morgoth said:

,Rama,Kyto asked about gameplay but that doesn't appear to be happening and every experimental change is just a guess seemingly.

Every conversation I've had with the two about balance comes down to rocket fights feeling random and splash being weak. I know Rama doesn't like the knockback and Kyto and I talk about balance tweaks and yolo experimental shit every day - mostly focused on the rockets and the gravity/knockback