Sign in to follow this  
thelawenforcer

Reflex 1v1 Instacup - Wednesday 27th July 2016

As previously mentioned, with the intention of making it a regular series, I'm pleased to announce the first of hopefully many Reflex Instacups. 

The idea is simple, to run regular relatively small scale tournaments over the course of one evening with short lead in times. Signups will generally open 24hours before the cup is due to start.

Now to the details of the tournament! Rama graciously let me copy the rules and regulations that he used during his EU Duel cup. They seemed to cover everything and were well received so thanks again to Rama for that.instacup.png

DATE: 27/07/2016 

TIME: 1900CEST with checkin @ 1800CEST

GAMETYPE: 1v1

SLOTS: 16

FORMAT: Double Elimination - further details below in 'Match Format'

SIGNUP HERE: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/y033YgeMmW

BRACKETS HERE: http://challonge.com/instacup

MAP POOL: 

-The Catalyst (thct7)
    -Furnace (dp5)
    -Pocket Infinity (thct2)
    -Static Discharge
    -Simplicity (thcdm13)

General Rules:

The tournament will be hosted on the ReflexInstacup Discord server: https://discord.gg/e34sARf

Default duel mode currently in the game using the competitive ruleset (no item timers).

Unsporting behaviour may be penalised.
Any attempt to bypass the ruleset will result in disqualification from the cup.

Be autonomous, contact your opponent, play your match, report the score on discord.

Match Format :
Winner's bracket matches are BO3 

Loser's bracket matches are BO1 except the last 2 rounds which are BO3.

Map  Picking system :
Use the 'roll' command to determine which player drops first. (Player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)

W: Roll winner
L: Roll loser

BO1 : Drop(W)-Drop(L)-Drop(L)-Drop(W) - The map remaining is the map to be played
BO3 : Drop(L)-Drop(W)-Pick(W)-Pick(L) - The last map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks)

Finals (BO3) x2, with same picking format as for a standard BO3.

Servers/non EU players :
No unauthorized spectators will be allowed on the servers
Any server can be used as long as both opponents agree and only if the server records replays can be accessed. (NA players are allowed, they'll however have to play on EU servers if facing an EU opponent)

Admins :
    Organisation :
        thelawenforcer

Nice idea, I wish you luck with it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the competitive scene in Reflex turns out.

Would I be able to spectate and cast/record the gameplay, please? I might not be able to due to short notice and other things, but I have a little YouTube channel which keeps me amused, and I'm working on Reflex content for it at the moment. I used to cast and record Planetary Annihilation games, quite frequently when I was really enjoying the game, so I'm hoping to do the same thing with Reflex. If nothing else, perhaps I could get the replays afterwards, if the server is set to save them?

19 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

Nice idea, I wish you luck with it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the competitive scene in Reflex turns out.

Would I be able to spectate and cast/record the gameplay, please? I might not be able to due to short notice and other things, but I have a little YouTube channel which keeps me amused, and I'm working on Reflex content for it at the moment. I used to cast and record Planetary Annihilation games, quite frequently when I was really enjoying the game, so I'm hoping to do the same thing with Reflex. If nothing else, perhaps I could get the replays afterwards, if the server is set to save them?

Servers will definitely record replays because I need then in case of anticheat things. You should spam lawenforcer on Discord about casting though.

Just signed up as some sort of cannonfodder i guess. In hindsight...is it possible to give away my spot to someone who might make the tournament more interesting? I'll gladly play if noone else wants my spot or if the rules don't allow for giving it away, just wondering of it would be possible.

6 hours ago, thelawenforcer said:

If you will be streaming, be my guest, i will make it clear to the partcipants that you are an authorized spectator. Otherwise, if you are making content for your youtube channel, again be my guest, just make sure the participants are informed ;)

Oh I always let people know, just in case they don't want people to see their playstyle if they're really competitive, that kind of thing. Same thing for boxers and other martial artists!

1 hour ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Will this be streamed anywhere?

If I do stream it, which is quite likely, it will be on http://twitch.tv/fractaljaguar - I've got the evening free now so I'll try and be around.

8 minutes ago, thelawenforcer said:

teju_ there are several low-mid skill players, while you will likely get crushed in the Winner bracket, im sure you will find higher quality games in the lower bracket. also, while you may take a hit to your ego, you do it in service of the reflex community ;)

I was just wondering if i could do anything in case vo0 and fatal1ty show up last minute, feeling nostalgic for the painkiller world tour finale, looking for a tournament to compete in. Really looking forward to the tourney regardless, thanks for organizing it :)