Sign in to follow this  
Stylin

[0.45.1] Connection Interrupted

Thought this stopped happening after 0.45 but its still going on. the game freezes and says 'connection interrupted' and then disconnects a few seconds later. Console says 'server stopped responding' and attempting to reconnect freezes the game the moment i join. Also occurs when i create my own server but only if i have 'steam integration' enabled. Usually happens within a 20 - 60 min time frame although I've had it happen a few times in <10 min of joining a server. The only way I've found to deal with this is to close the game for about 10-20 min. I don't believe I have any packet loss it is always at 0 whenever i try to look for any. The game runs smooth no lag or anything right before it freezes. Happens in both low ping (20 - 50 ms) and high ping (80 - 99 ms) servers. I also don't use a router and have a wired Ethernet connection.

What I've tried so far:

• Disabling and closing my antivirus, firewall and any other background program
  • Restarting steam, fully reinstalling game and restarting computer

I believe it says the same thing. I'll try and recreate the error just to be sure.

Edit: Played some race maps on my server for about 30-40 min to no avail. Also, just to be more clear, I have only gotten the error on my own server when it had already taken place on a public server. It's like the game temporarily prevents me from joining any server. I'll play some games tomorrow during peak hours to attempt another.

Looks like the steam VAC check is timing out. Do you have this same problem in other steam games? Might be worth a google, it's a Steam thing.

I recently increased it to check up to 10 times (as steam auth servers were having issues during their summer sale)