Sign in to follow this  
Monti

LA Race Maps (new map LA Lagoonia)

This thread will collect all LA Race maps that have been or will be released:

1) LA GRID (strafe)

First LA map. This map really needs an update and will than find its way to steam workshop (Download)

2) LA Tetris (strafe + plasma + rockets)

This map needs an update too and will come to workshop later (its younger brother "La Tetris Strafes" is already on workshop) (Download)

3) LA Dreams (strafe)

This map was made before the new sky system came to Reflex, so it needs an update. ( Workshop Link )

4) LA Rocket Track (rockets)

The intention of this map is to learn how to use multi rockets ( Workshop Link ).

5) LA Darkness     /    LA Blackglow   (strafe)

With the release date on April 1st, everybody thought this is a joke and nobody wanted to play it. Honestly, I think they all are just afraid of the dark, so there is a second version with more light   (LA Darkness Workshop Link   /  LA Blackglow Workshop Link ).

6) LA Lacuna (strafe)

This map was also made before the new sky system and needs an update ( Workshop Link ).

7) AD_One (strafe)

The intention of this map is to practice A/D only strafes ( Workshop Link ).

8) LA Tetris Strafes (strafe + plasma + rockets)

Little brother of LA Tetris, without the weapon part ( Workshop Link )

9) LA Circuit

A circuit parkour with the possibility to run eternal rounds ( Workshop Link )

5BAFB7F2D91CDC1815A2981F1C9B7107B4E346CE

10) LA Frozen (strafe + ceiling jumps)

This map's focus are ceiling jump. Workshop Link

11) LA Nipponia

LA Nipponia has the purpose to be a more relaxed experience. You don't need to hit the perfect strafe angle, however it has lot of speed. The map is not on workshop yet (due it has no lightmap yet), but can be downloaded here: Download

12) LA Red Gravity

This map is for racing with the low gravity mutator. Workshop Link

13) LA Hattberg (Workshop Link)

1B13FCE62A1D7C61E3B69436B63D89E50E7BB5A8

14) LA Lagoonia (Workshop Link)

20 hours ago, Monti said:

Added new map LA Frozen to original post.

I like it but what's currently on workshop has some brush issues with player clip that makes it really confusing what is something you can stand on versus what you clip thru.

16 hours ago, lolograde said:

I like it but what's currently on workshop has some brush issues with player clip that makes it really confusing what is something you can stand on versus what you clip thru.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm still learning and still have to find a good workflow. Most times I start maps and visuals at the same time and for me as a mapper I know exactly where to go and where not to go. But of course if you play the map the first time it is not clear where to go and where not to go. It will be better next map (maybe :D )

For LA Frozen: I think most stuff is clipped. There are some flowers and bushes which arent clipped and some stones. Would be great if you ( @lolograde) could give me one or two examples which are really annoying in the map. This would help me to improve.  Edit: Received lots of screenshots. Thx for the help :)

9 hours ago, Delementary said:

Dude...

I love everything about these posts. The maps, the videos, the music, and I really enjoy the extra editing effort you're putting in. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Thank You! I really appreciate it.

We mappers (and video makers, and....)  sometimes need words like this :wub: