dvs

European group for new players and 1v1 tournament this weekend!

Hi my name is dvs and I'm new to reflex. I met some really cool people in this community and I thought I'd make a group for new players like me, who want to still participate in tournaments and improve with other new players. Since the arenafps genre is full of people who have been playing this game forever, I'm looking to make this group to have new players feel more welcome and to not be frustrated with the game when they play against players who are above their level. 

The group is public and I'd love for you and your friends to join! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/eunewbz

Once we have enough players, we'll open registration for the first tournament, happening this Saturday evening. The ladder wll be hosted on challonge.com and we are also looking for someone to stream some duels, so leave a response here if you'd be interested in that :)

Hope this thread gets a good response, thanks for reading!

Edit: the rules and stuff:

The map pool is gonna be(all in competitive ruleset):
- Simplicity
- xy2
- The catalyst

All matches are going to be BO1 except for the finals which will be BO3, decide which player gets to ban a map first by using the ~roll # command in the discord, the user who rolls the higher number out of 100 gets to ban the first map, the map that remains gets played.
After finishing the match, submit the scores to challonge; the winner gets 1 point and the loser gets 0.

You can use any server as long as both players agree to it, no spectators except for casters/streamers.

Edit: Prize pool added:

Thanks to Chandos, we now have a prize pool of 5 CS:GO keys for the first place. We are looking at possibly having a prize pool for 2nd place as well, updates soon.

we have set up a discord where we try and tier players according to skill (though its a bit hit and miss) precisely so that people are able to find skill matched 1v1's. 

atleast, thats the idea but its pretty new and WIP.. im sure it would benefit new players most though so the more there are there the better!

https://discord.me/reflexduel

Sounds cool! If I'm on I'll participate. Also I'm not exactly new player (just bad) so I may have to test how I fare against you guys. If I'm OP I'll leave since not newbs in newbie tournament is something I find really lame. :)