Sign in to follow this  
def

Thermal Blast

some minor update again.

changed lava to water in rocket room and placed ammo in it. 2nd pillar ramp easy to use too now

added a rail ammo ledge up in mega room

changed some ammo boxes

^time for an update i guess. last one is too long ago!

added ledge trims all over the map to give more movement freedom

added a windows hallway u can shoot through from red to ya area

added some gimmick shit

So, I'm noob in 2v2 but this was enjoyable. Was no kinda imba spots, quad guy raping not hard, cool balancing and with experimental mode where IC not raping hard plays rly good. Scaling feels also good.
GJ B)

9 hours ago, def said:

This initial art pass looks really good. I love the theme with the scenery going on above the map and how it ties in with the name. Well done fht!

A couple of things for feedback on the art specifically; I hope he finds time for more progress:

-there are a few areas that are too dark, specifically the small hallway from the main GA room to carnage, and the PL room. Overall I think the lighting is good with the skylights.

-the grass/vines are slightly overdone. I think it's a combination of the abundance and height of the grass, combined with the color. Maybe lowering the grass slightly and changing the color to more yellow/brownish would improve visibility? In some areas it feels like there are a few too many vines, although I do like how they add to the atmosphere. Specifically, the vine halfway covering the MH is too much.

-I would love to see more love and detail added around the carnage pit, I feel like some effect in the lava to fit in with the theme would help tie it together. Can't think of anything specific off the top of my head.

-there is a clipping issue at RA (I'm sure this is already known)

Overall great job. Having this completed art in MM and used for the upcoming cups would be awesome. Thanks!

Yea, definitely very cool style/art. Wish I had a better computer... Argh!

EDIT: Forgot, there's an issue w/ the meshes above YA. If you get bounced up above YA, you'll be behind meshes so you can't see anything. Seems to happen pretty frequently if you're caught there triple-jumping up to YA. Easy to catch someone w/ IC or rockets. 

Edited by lolograde