Kev!

King of America #2 - Sunday, September 18, 2016 - Reflex Duel (1v1) Tournament

9 hours ago, Kev! said:

Anyone know Motfy? Never saw him online before outside of a tournament over a year ago. Fake nick? Help me out.

As Soh said, that's @Mot.

Canadian dueler, he has been part of the Reflex community since forever. Good player, too :)

4 hours ago, lolograde said:

Since when did the Reflex forums become eHarmony?

Take note, casters: The bromance between @sane and @Thump4 might serve for an interesting contextual backdrop to a grand final matchup. Will Thump4 throw his matches out of a love that is tragically unrequited? Or will sane, sensing the truth in Thump4's claim as the personification of Quake, seek to be the Hephaestion to Thump4's Alexander?

They certainly have a hidden love for one another. I feel like sane and Thump4 have a respect for each other that cannot be publicly shown because (being) rivals make things seem so much more interesting.

Both players are clearly dominant players with sane having 10 x Thump's level of experience in Reflex but Thump has more tournament experience (outside of Reflex). 

Sane obviously would have lost in the first tournament, but he seems to be practicing - so (if sane shows up instead of saving face) it will be very entertaining to see. 

I have my money on Thump4 but the games will be considerably close. If sane shows his superior knowledge with the (broken) rocket knock-up into instantaneous  bolt rifle switch-up combo... He can steal a victory.

7 hours ago, sane said:

That was the most passive aggressive excuse list I've ever seen

Not targeting you sane. I'm subtly calling out Reflex and Reflex's developers. 

Sane, since you have way more experience in Reflex - you definitely have an edge using and abusing what exists in Reflex (just common sense). I'm a realist and I believe in fairness... especially when I make predictions. I've seen both of your current abilities and I have a very solid grasp of judging skill-level (in my opinion). After seeing you play and Thump play... it makes sense why you didn't enter tourney 1. I'm glad to see you warming up though. I can't wait to see your match vs Thump4.

I don't blame anyone for using and abusing the weapons in a game to win a game. Everyone has access to the same over-powered rocket launcher knock-up... the edge goes to the people that have used it the most (experience/activity).

is why i didnt join. i made a tourney first tourney. 42 players, $500 prizepool, this.... doesnt excite sane, im on ANOTHA LEVEL

http://challonge.com/NAsanetopia

and my 2nd one

http://challonge.com/NAsanetopia2

thumpa only played the first 1 ;[

Supreme Champion: AGsane
Worthy Adversary: glsglsgls
Maybe Next Time: grapetf2
4th place: Necrophag1st
5th place tie: Thump4
Frenly

nah im jk, i aint attackin no one here. honest truth idk i want a real sick tourney not another small 1 ;[ but ill play in this one dont worry <3 all love to kev + thumpa. SANE OUT

On 9/8/2016 at 8:11 AM, lolograde said:

Since when did the Reflex forums become eHarmony?

Take note, casters: The bromance between @sane and @Thump4 might serve for an interesting contextual backdrop to a grand final matchup. Will Thump4 throw his matches out of a love that is tragically unrequited? Or will sane, sensing the truth in Thump4's claim as the personification of Quake, seek to be the Hephaestion to Thump4's Alexander?

Indeed.  Chael Sonnen had to teach people (for some reason) that in a competitive environment, everything is about entertainment, still.

On 8/9/2016 at 0:13 AM, SickDownlink said:

421 Clean has a brush inconsistency on the left side above red that stops a telly jump to grab red and zoom up and out on the left side. I think the two maps should be identical if you are going to swap them out interchangeably in the tournament.  

the brush above RA was a huge mistake we didnt notice and its now fixed with some more minor changes, ty

Had to drop out sadly due to my phone breaking and forgetting my very old email for my Steam account, which led to me not being able to log in. Sucks. If anyone knows any way to somehow login without a Steam Mobile Authenticater or Email that would be handy. 

On 9/13/2016 at 4:29 AM, Blazo said:

Had to drop out sadly due to my phone breaking and forgetting my very old email for my Steam account, which led to me not being able to log in. Sucks. If anyone knows any way to somehow login without a Steam Mobile Authenticater or Email that would be handy. 

Maybe someone will be kind enough to let you borrow their login to play during the tournament? If you can't find someone - I would provide you with my account information to play your matches.

I think we can try to add a donation % to the casters next tourney? Anyways - I was pretty upset at the European harassment about the prize structure. I mean... I put up $100 of my own money for the 1st place prize. Got nothing but complaints... So maybe I just won't do that anymore. Very sour community support from the Euros when Ramagan lost it was nothing but rage and complaints and insults toward me directly. So maybe I just won't let them play in my cups anymore.

Thanks for showing up to all the players that did. I had a lot of fun smack talking and watching great duels.