Sign in to follow this  
Username

Teleporter Denial, and some ideas on stake gun balance

While play testing my map today I encountered something amazing.

This has a very interesting/amusing as well as competitive effect on game play that I would love to see stay.

However in the event you block both ends with a stake the game crashes due to what I am assuming is a stack overflow or something.

I think we can rectify this by causing stakes to cease to exist directly after touched, you still get the jump but it is gone just after that.

Would love you hear what you guys (especially devs) all think about this.

Edit: I also wanted to add that it would also be pretty cool to be able to telefrag yourself this way without the game crashing as I said above.

Imagine a CTF map where there's a teleporter way out of the base and teams organizing someone to go and block the exit from flag runners, resulting with the flag runner ending up having to escape the longer way out. I can already see the magic! 

Known since me and mew were wandering around a server talking about the possibilities of a stake gun, months before the weapon was implemented ;)

It's something I'm looking at keeping if possible but the current behavior isn't good enough.

Known since me and mew were wandering around a server talking about the possibilities of a stake gun, months before the weapon was implemented ;)

It's something I'm looking at keeping if possible but the current behavior isn't good enough.

;)

What do you think about being able to telefrag yourself with it if both ends are blocked?

I did not know this was possible but I really like the concept of it.
Gives the stake gun more spotlight and usability, but maybe the time before the stake dissolve should be longer?
Or it is just to get rid of people who are following right behind you.

Would be awesome if the stake itself didnt dissapear so quickly.

What if you changed the firemode of the stake so that the longer you hold the primary fire the longer the stake stays in play?