Sign in to follow this  
waterslidez

Few questions regarding reflex

Question

Yooo kinda new to reflex (Played CPMA and all the other Quake games). And I few things I want to ask about reflex.
1. Is there options like how quake has picmip where you can sort of remove the textures?
2. Can you force view models? (As a certain colour?)
3. Links to any really good duel huds?
4. Whats the general maps used for duel tournaments?

5. Any good sound files? (I have the quake 2 sounds and I don't really like them any more.)

6 answers to this question

Hey,

1. No, there are no textures in Reflex, only meshes and brushes, which you can't disable. But there are clean versions of most popular maps if you want to play them.

2. You can't make view models to be certain colour.

3. These are quite popular HUDs, but you can make any hud you want since it's lua scripted.

4. You can check latest tournaments map pools here:

https://www.reflexarena.com/forums/index.php?/forum/11-tournaments/

5. Use which ever sounds you like. It's all player preference.

Peace :)

2 hours ago, Grybzt said:

1. No, there are no textures in Reflex, only meshes and brushes, which you can't disable. But there are clean versions of most popular maps if you want to play them.

Wrong. There are 2D textures in Reflex, including leaves in some of the veggies and similar small details in some of the meshes. As well as the dev textures, shown clearly in the training map seen in the menu for example, which means it's still part of the game. The latter can be enabled/disabled with r_high_vis 0/1 - leaves and such for some reason aren't affected though.

5 hours ago, Smilecythe said:

Wrong. There are 2D textures in Reflex, including leaves in some of the veggies and similar small details in some of the meshes. As well as the dev textures, shown clearly in the training map seen in the menu for example, which means it's still part of the game. The latter can be enabled/disabled with r_high_vis 0/1 - leaves and such for some reason aren't affected though.

I hope you're happy that i'm wrong. You're technically correct, but all proper textures are removed from game files. Dev textures are mapping placeholders, at least the intention of them is. And textures on them is for scaling and etc. And are leafs really textures if they're not affected by r_high_vis ?

Anyway, current art direction is focused on meshes, not textures.

1 hour ago, MAD_JIHAD said:

Colour override yes. Player models no because of the cosmetic item system.

:D My bad, I for some reason thought he meant weapons -.- Early morning interpretation ...

17 hours ago, Grybzt said:

I hope you're happy that i'm wrong. You're technically correct, but all proper textures are removed from game files. Dev textures are mapping placeholders, at least the intention of them is. And textures on them is for scaling and etc. And are leafs really textures if they're not affected by r_high_vis ?

Anyway, current art direction is focused on meshes, not textures.

Just stating out facts the way I see it, no need to get all sassy with me.

ABYooml.png

(Picture from Ashur) As you can see, those root things are distinctively defined with tris and are obvious mesh structure, whereas in comparison the leaves are lined out like flat squares that lack depth in Z axis. If these aren't 2D textures then I'll be damned. If the leaves were meshes, we would arguably be seeing a clearly defined structure like this:

pu9Eml8.png

But hey, I could honestly be wrong too. Point me wrong and that would make me happy instead. r_high_vis not affecting the leaves is curious indeed.