AwesomeAndy

Firing LG under water should gib you like in QW

16 minutes ago, AwesomeAndy said:

Because it makes sense, doesn't it.

There is no LG in Reflex. I think you may be thinking about the IC (ion cannon) which is a particle accelerator and has no adverse gibbage effects on the user whether submerged or not.

1 hour ago, AwesomeAndy said:

But it takes enormous amounts of energy to accelerate the ion paricles, that would  - clearly - instantly gib you when under water. I have a physics PhD from the university of Wikipedia.

If true, that raises the question of boltrifle (which also uses an enormous amount of energy to accelerate the superheated tungsten bolt): Should that also instagib everyone in water?

all jokes aside, i'd love to see some actual water physics for grenades, so that they dont bounce around like there is nothing there. please give them weight so that they, when impacting a water surface, slow down and eventually sink to the bottom.

but back on topic .. wouldn't you think that using the boltrifle underwater would electrify the water?

9 hours ago, Smilecythe said:

Ion cannon should clean rust out of the robots armor:

Seeing that rust makes me think of Quake 4 and it's maps with rust theme, like AMCS.

Reflex needs textures because having to manually recreate textures as actual 3d objects is bs. This is why I didn't really feel encouraged to finish my Q4 map recreations visualsides. Vertices are a real hell to work with tools that are available atleast at this point and why bother because the end result isn't even that good looking afterall. So might aswell do full picmip instead with no details at all..

@cooledcannon made an alteration of  Static Discharge in which all this is very important... as this map will be for sure played in tournaments very soon this topic should be solved as fast as possible...!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740840458

cc I hope you removed all lights from the map they might electrocute someone!

21 hours ago, BattleSnacks said:

Bolt and ic should do tick damage while held under water?

if not held not? where is the bolt hidden when not held so that there is no danger? might consider self-damage even when just going for a swim while the bolt is hidden in the invisible backpack of our robots...

5 hours ago, Aletheia said:

if not held not? where is the bolt hidden when not held so that there is no danger? might consider self-damage even when just going for a swim while the bolt is hidden in the invisible backpack of our robots...

i was thinking more as an anti camping under the blue tinted water thing with the hitscans kinda like the hum but extra punishing