Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeAndy

[logged] Bug that has been in all Quakes since qtest

and its in Reflex again. On the german(and possibly others) keyboard layout, the key to toggle console is not tilde but the circumflex -  its not a normal character, but after pressing the key it waits for the next character to put a hat on it. So everytime you bring down the console, you have to press backspace before you can type in a command.

This annoys me since 1996. Plz make it go away. 18 years of this is enough.

That's because German keyboard has the circumflex on that key and not the tilde. Not a bug, just console being put on tilde because the key is far away from other frequently used keys.

Why not just rebind the console key to something else?  Don't hear me complaining that jump is always bound to spacebar even though I always use mouse2.  Just rebind the key.  That's what keybinds are for; preference.

Spacebar works for jump, circonflex doesnt for console. See the difference? Its broken(if only a nuisance, but still). Now could you all kindly let the devs answer if they are willing to fix it or not? Tnx.

We're trying to clear up stuff for them like this so that they don't have to waste time, but it is up to them if they want to deal with very low-priority stuff like this, at a stage where there is bare-bones netcode, one weaponmodel, and little to no engine optimization.

The console key does what it's supposed to by default, you just have to press backspace. once. I'm sure you can deal. Rebind it for now.

Just for the sake of improving the experience I think it's something that should be addressed.  Even if it seems like a small thing to everyone else, to this person they think of it as a decades old bug.  Might just be worth fixing to impress upon him and others that developers here do care about making progress.  A lot of little things can go a long way to making a better quality product.  Definitely a low priority issue though.