Sign in to follow this  
Eldrek

Matchmaking Wishlist

Before matchmaking gets forgotten about in favor of more features, lets make a list of things we would like added to matchmaking...

1. Party queuing
  2. queuing while in other modes
  3. some kind of match broadcast system, when a team queue is almost full?
  4. auto requeue on dropped players
  5. casual modes should add players to matches already in progress so ctf and ffa can actually happen

2 hours ago, shooter said:

no sounds when alt tabbed except the MM ready sound

I honestly don't think that's the proper solution to the problem here. Having people afking on lobby-servers is just as annoying as being forced to join a lobby server. The best solution would be to have a general matchmaking checkbox "join lobby server". And a menu-option to mute the menu sound ofc.

EDIT: also this whole "stay on server -> morph server to lobby server after game" is weird. often times you end up being alone on the server. with the setting i proposed above you'd get redirected to a lobby server after your match, which has a higher chance of not being empty.

4 hours ago, shooter said:

can i play? :) obviously can't do everything, but these are other things people have asked for

• spectating MM games
  • ladder
  • no sounds when alt tabbed except the MM ready sound
  • replays available

map vetos.

- not showing enemy picture/map-vote.

- penalties for dodging etc.

Also... i don't know how sane this is..... or if it's just a bad idea, but personally i'd like this:

- search anonymously: your name/pic doesn't get exposed, same as your enemies

I would like to see:

- 3 options while in queue: lobby server, race server, nothing

-  People are  thrown back to lobby server after match

- FFA servers would still put people in server for first minute of match

- Ability to see how many people are in queues in different mode

Either way, really love new feature <3

I hope more people will use it (not only for duels) because that's what will make system work as it supposed to.

5 minutes ago, MAD_JIHAD said:

After you finish a game it should prompt you, "do you want to continue" or something because a few times I was done playing and another game popped so I had to click cancel which for the other players might not be ideal to get the match found sound only to have no match.

Yep.

This may sound harsh ... i mean.... i do understand what the devs tried with this whole approach, but it's simply not very elegant.

I've been preaching this shit long time before: stop trying to do fancy stuff just for the sake of it and stick to what has been proven to work just fine. This kinda system was already awful in shootmania ... and that should be enough of an indicator to know how to not do matchmaking.

But this is just a first release and all we can do is hope the devs realize the flaws of the current system and actually improve them instead of going the "normal" indie-way.

On 14/01/2017 at 7:08 PM, A. Benz said:

EDIT: also this whole "stay on server -> morph server to lobby server after game" is weird. often times you end up being alone on the server. with the setting i proposed above you'd get redirected to a lobby server after your match, which has a higher chance of not being empty.

I was a big pusher of the "morph matchmaking server into lobby server" as it lets you talk to the people you just played against, lets you run around / see the map you just played on and toy with things. IMHO it's a lot nicer flow than instantly loading you back out of the server.

I can see however that on duel games (which is primarily been played), it's of relatively high chance you'll be in the server by yourself (as there's only 1 person who has to leave)

What do others feel about this? is it of popular opinion to just load you back out to a lobby server (potentially not with the person you just played against)?

1 hour ago, shooter said:

I was a big pusher of the "morph matchmaking server into lobby server" as it lets you talk to the people you just played against, lets you run around / see the map you just played on and toy with things. IMHO it's a lot nicer flow than instantly loading you back out of the server.

I can see however that on duel games (which is primarily been played), it's of relatively high chance you'll be in the server by yourself (as there's only 1 person who has to leave)

What do others feel about this? is it of popular opinion to just load you back out to a lobby server (potentially not with the person you just played against)?

I really agree with you that it would be wayyyy to abrupt to instantly load back out to the lobby- it's also nice to have the time to chat with opponent if they don't just leave.. let them have time to deliver salt etc etc

8 hours ago, shooter said:

Then don't auto-queue after a game. Imagine this situation (which will probably happen 1/1000 times): you play a duel -> ends -> you start chatting/running around as you imagined ..... a wild accept-window appears breaking this "flow" anyways.

The only instance where what you imagined actually applies is a scenario where there aren't enough players to find a match quickly so you actually have time after a duel or both players actually WANT to run around/chat, in which case the current system doesn't even allow that without interrupting at some point.