Sign in to follow this  
Padawan

[0.48.2] Voted map not picked by server

Been having this issue for a while since the MM update, but didn't see a forum post about it yet so i thought i'd share this:

Sometimes (randomly) the server doesn't pick the map that me and my opponent have picked. Happens like once out of every 10 duels.

Examples:

1) Me and my opponent both pick 1 map (for example 2 votes for Catalyst, no votes for any other map), server then decides to pick another.
2) I pick Catalyst and my opponent picks Furnace, server then might start up the remaining unvoted map that's in the votelist, or even a map that wasn't on the votelist to begin with.

Now for example 2 i would understand why the server would pick a map that neither voted, so atleast nobody gets to play his chosen map by luck, but like i said sometimes it comes up with a completely random map that wasn't in the list.

The only thing I can think of that would explain this is because the workshop download is failing and it's stuck on whatever map was last used.

Having said that The Catalyst is now official & bundled with game so it doesn't have to download from workshop -- at which case something else must be going on.

Perhaps you both voted at the very last second and masterserver missed it?

In either case, I think that map voting screen is going, there's a good amount of "feedback" on it :)

Padawan wasn't aware that your enemy also has a mapvote and it will pick a random map, if the votes differ. At least judging from the chat i just had with him when our duel started and he complained it didn't load the map he voted

@A. Benz No i'm well aware of that fact, but after our duel today i could've sworn we both gave a vote to Catalyst, and you voted the two other maps too, so it was Catalyst +2, and the other maps +1 and +1 so it should have loaded Catalyst, but then you told me you hadn't voted Catalyst so that must've been a misunderstanding.

@shooter could it be related to the fact that i emptied my local mapfolder? I prefer to just delete all the maps in there and let them DL from the workshop, because i only play on a handful of duel maps and i don't need most of the standard maps.

Edited by Padawan