Sign in to follow this  
MarkOfDoom

Some questions regarding the editor and older bsp style editors

Hi guys,

I've been working hard on a duel map/small skirmish map which I'm quite happy with, it's mostly done I'm just putting all of the cosmetic stuff in to give it a bit of flavour. Keen to get people to test it soon!

I'm curious if there is any merit to mapping for reflex using a different editor like GTKRadiant as it seems to give a lot more options than reflex's current editor, in terms of things like creating curves, highlighting multiple brushes and modifying multiple components at once. I really like the basic push/pull, what you see is what you get style editor built into reflex (reminds me of TrenchBroom) and it's gotten much better than when I first tried using it... but there's a lot of small things that are annoying and time consuming to use inside the editor (not being able to push/pull multiple brushes at once - unless there's something I'm missing.)

I know we are in early days and the reflex editor is only going to get better, but for speed and ease of use has anyone else used a different editor for the general brush work, converted the map to reflex format (I know someone made a tool) and then picked up from there to add in effects and doodads? Is this process easy or just a waste of time?

1 hour ago, Owl said:

You can select multiple brushes, save them as presets and all that jazz. And you can now make curves with the new brigde tool. 

Okay cool, I know you can select multiple brushes but you can't uniformly move several faces at once can you? Also wasn't aware of the curve tool, thanks.

Currently you can only push/pull one face at a time. Im sure the devs will give the map editor some love in the future. Its nice to map in radiant and then use q3toreflex to then do the rest in reflex like put meshes on your map and materials etc. For doing very basic layouts its faster to just map in reflex.