Ammazzabanane

Chunky framerate issue on 1080 (???)

Question

Hey Reflexers, this is just a quick issue that im having, and that hopefully noone else is, that i wanted to point out and hopefully someone is going to help me fix it!
I haven't been able to play reflex properly lately because since i changed pc it hasn't been running as smooth as i'd like it

specs: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.4GHz, 16 GB of ram, 64 bit OS and x64 processor

As you probably can tell specs look very good, i've been able to run the new DOOM at max GFX with 120-180 fps but on reflex i get a very wonky framerate, a lot of frame spikes, especially in big ca games and big maps, by taking a look at r_profiler 1 the CPU seems to bottleneck a lot because it keeps on jumping up to 100. Anyway the game gets decent framerates at times but the variation is way to large and the choppiness of it really pulls me off of playing it, altho i'd love to. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I'd really appreciate any help, Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you!

5 answers to this question

Just now, Ammazzabanane said:

well "time for an upgrade" when i have an 600+$ graphics card isn't really what i was looking for espetially since its not the problem imho and i repeat this problem is strictly related to reflex which makes it clear that i dont wanna spend another 600+ $ for a new one just to play reflex...

It was meant as a joke. Try what i suggested and please describe the scenario in which you encounter the problems a bit more precisely so i can check whether it's just Reflex poorly performing due to the circumstances or you having an individual problem.

Well, the 1080ti releases soon, time for an upgrade.

Try setting the priority for reflex to high in the task manager. The game in general doesn't perform that well on highly populated servers unfortunately. What settings are you on and what is your average framerate?

21 minutes ago, seekax said:

Well, the 1080ti releases soon, time for an upgrade.

Try setting the priority for reflex to high in the task manager. The game in general doesn't perform that well on highly populated servers unfortunately. What settings are you on and what is your average framerate?

well "time for an upgrade" when i have an 600+$ graphics card isn't really what i was looking for espetially since its not the problem imho and i repeat this problem is strictly related to reflex which makes it clear that i dont wanna spend another 600+ $ for a new one just to play reflex...

I will try the other things you said

1 hour ago, seekax said:

It was meant as a joke. Try what i suggested and please describe the scenario in which you encounter the problems a bit more precisely so i can check whether it's just Reflex poorly performing due to the circumstances or you having an individual problem.

oh oki sry! Didnt mean to be mean then, my bad ahha, will write back soon with more info then

There is many things you can do, depends how you are experienced with computers. There can be like dozens of things you can have set wrong, especially w/ W10 lol. I can kick one advice just try play with capped FPS . Like 300 or something. Also having the widgets "organized" and know about which you are using can help too with perfomance...