Sign in to follow this  
/fragile

ffa arena mutator

Currently the arena mutator introduces round based gameplay into ffa (and other modes) rendering the mode ffa + arena mutator combination stale (avoiding early fights and just getting into the action at the end seems to be the most promising way to win).

I suggest to add another mutator "round based" and to alter the arena mutator so it only adds "full stack, all weapons, no self/team damage". This way affa could be played round and frag based (+ as a side effect atdm could be played on a team frag basis + regular tdm could be played round based).

Warmup is nice but as you mentioned it has self/team damage (+ a lower stack) and no self damage is an essential part of arena. I think it's just a design decision how to get to the non round based arena experience (warmup without self-damage or arena without rounds). Arena is just no self damage + full stack to me so I just suggested to just "outsource" the rounds. I would be happy with a no self/team damage mutator as well.

I agree. I've tried Arena mutator on CTF and it removed the 2 flags. I would expect that health, armor and ammo pickups to be removed and the buffs stay. Of course the flags should stay as well. CTF without flags doesn't make a lot of sense.