Ramagan

Custom Ruleset Poll

Custom Ruleset Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to see the changes proposed by the custom ruleset implemented into the current competitive ruleset ?

• Yes
    • No

53 minutes ago, Firecrown said:

I was one of the first to believe the experimental ruleset would have been a step forward for the game. Rama gathered a lof of different players opinions to build a ruleset he thought would be more enjoyable and more competitive, I followed the developement of the ruleset quite closely and talked a lot with Rama.

But seing the discord recently, people minds are already shifting, and there is like a déjà vu feeling with different rulesets poping up and soon people will be arguing if X value should be 0.99 or 1.

And I think players shouldn’t have that much power in the making of gameplay changes and that ramaflex might not be the most suitable ruleset for the game.

In my opinion devs should just lock the gameplay down in his actual state i.e the competitve ruleset we already have now because balance is such a controversial topic, people wil never end arguing about it.

I agree with your sentiment. Ramaflex is a step in the right direction and should be adopted in competitive. If there are any iterative ideas to add to Ramaflex, they should be made available in experimental (not exp_plus). The other ruleset that's currently being discussed ("Sushiflex") is a lot of fun but I think Ramaflex is much more widely tested and isn't too dramatic of a change from the current competitive ruleset. It's a nice step improvement. 

I hope after 1.2, the devs can make smaller point releases more consistently. Close out each competitive season, rotate the MM map pools, and make small incremental tweaks to the gameplay. It'd be nice to put the game back on track where iterative gameplay changes are tested in the experimental ruleset and then either adopted or not depending on whether people prefer to play experimental versus competitive. That's a better course than having divergent gameplay rulesets compete against each other for popularity. 

On 1/17/2018 at 8:59 PM, Firecrown said:

In my opinion devs should just lock the gameplay down in his actual state i.e the competitve ruleset we already have now because balance is such a controversial topic, people wil never end arguing about it.

Yeah, I'm getting flashbacks to the original ruleset strife. This experiment has run its course - lock it down and remove the ability for players to tweak anything. We had a single 'agreed' upon ruleset, supposedly tested by many people, yet now some of those same people are making new ones. There is no solution to the balance question. It's already annoying af to have to deal with 2 rulesets, one of which only works on certain servers.

On 1/17/2018 at 4:59 PM, lolograde said:

Close out each competitive season, rotate the MM map pools, and make small incremental tweaks to the gameplay. It'd be nice to put the game back on track where iterative gameplay changes are tested in the experimental ruleset and then either adopted or not depending on whether people prefer to play experimental versus competitive. That's a better course than having divergent gameplay rulesets compete against each other for popularity. 

I really like this idea - not just because the process will help achieve better balance, but because new changes bring people back and keep them playing. Look at how popular sushiflex has become, one of the reasons for that is simply because it is something new, fun and refreshing.