SirSquidness

LAN server discovery

Question

Does Reflex Arena have any LAN/offline server discovery mechanism? If I have a game server running on the same LAN as a game client, can I see the game via the server browser without either using a public internet listed server or the console?

From my observations, servers running on the same LAN do not show up in the server browsers. And I don't see any broadcast packets from either the client or server like I would expect if there was a mechanism. Am I missing something?

If this feature doesn't exist, consider it a feature request. :D

2 answers to this question

On 02.10.2017 at 8:57 PM, SirSquidness said:

Does Reflex Arena have any LAN/offline server discovery mechanism? If I have a game server running on the same LAN as a game client, can I see the game via the server browser without either using a public internet listed server or the console?

From my observations, servers running on the same LAN do not show up in the server browsers. And I don't see any broadcast packets from either the client or server like I would expect if there was a mechanism. Am I missing something?

If this feature doesn't exist, consider it a feature request. :D

+1 for LAN server browser option, because connecting via ipĀ is not obvious for some new players.

the only Servers that get listed in the Server browser are those with sv_steam 1

so if you have no Internet Access and cant connect to steam, you cant host/join steam servers

in that case (LAN) you have to connect with console to the IP. also the Server has to download and save maps (probably rename, except you know all the steam id numbers), because you dont have Access to steam Workshop and cant load anything from it