Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) :  United States of AmericaSharqosity

RMC NA#1 - 9th Place 
RMC NA#2 - 5th Place 
RMC NA#3 - 4th Place 

Player Profiles is a fun project that allows us to learn a little bit about our fellow competitors.
These interviews give an interesting look at the best duelers competing in Reflex Monthly Cups.

United States of AmericaSharqosity

1. Could you share a little about yourself? (Gaming background, IRL hobbies, job/studies, etc.?)
I'm a high school student from the Greater Boston area. Hoping to major in computer science (meme degree) in college. My previous fps experience comes from being a ca noob in quake live, and playing tf2 non competitively.

2. What's the story behind your in-game nickname?
It is a long one that's not at all interesting.

3. How long have you been playing Reflex? (Hours according to steam? First played when?)
I first played Reflex when the .38 christmas patch came out, around December 2015. I have around 1200 hours, but a lot of that is playing atdm in europe and mapping. I'm a relatively newer duel player, having picked it up when matchmaking came out January of last year.

4. What do you think defines your playstyle? Your strengths and weaknesses?
Jack of all trades and master of none
I don't think anything about my playstyle particularly stands out. I used to think I had good rocket aim and combat movement, but playing rocket gods like catch and Sol made me question that. Maybe the other player interviews can provide more insight on my playstyle. I don't consider myself a learned dueler at all. I never watch replays and I only really improve by playing a lot. My biggest weakness is my horrible ion cannon aim, and that I always choke against a freshly spawned player who picks up a rocket launcher.

5. What are your settings (dpi, sensitivity, resolution, fov) and hardware (mouse, keyboard, monitor)?
I play Reflex on a toaster oven with a 1600x900 75hz monitor. My sensitivity is 40cm/360, which is a bit on the lower side. I use a Logitech G203 and 115 fov, althought I've considered lowering it recently. You can find more info on sala's Reflex player settings spreadsheet

6. If you could add/change only 1 thing in Reflex, what would it be? 
loot crates

7. Why do you think Reflex isn't more popular? 
Despite its attempts to be accessible, I still don't think the tutorial system or casual matchmaking is good enough for new players. Despite its attempts to be hardcore, many veteran afps players still prefer cpma for one reason or another.

8. Do you have any advice for new players?
Right now, team modes in Reflex are inactive, so the game is more for duel players that are committed to improving. The community very welcoming and is a great resource for getting better. Play people and ask them to give you tips, ask people to review your demos, play better players, and play often. Practice is the only way you can improve.

9. Are there any specific Reflex players you enjoy spectating or playing against? Any rivals?
Spectating: sane and Ivan O/

Playing against: Volume because binds

Rivals: People I tilt against, who are close to my skill but can usually beat me, like erad and Sol. I don't hate them, I just hate playing against them.

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Xytaglyph, Sol, Soh, Hoyt, DazedSpartan, and Ezormer?
I don't mean to offend anybody, these are just my observations through playing

Xytaglyph: Xyta is a very knowledgable player, but his performance ingame seems a little lacking relative to his knowledge for some reason. He is still a strong player though, especially on t2.
Sol: He has better rockets than anyone else, so it's easy for him to take unfavorable engagements (when he has low armor or a bad position) and come out on top. His movement could definitely be improved.
Soh: I'm not skilled enough to make any meaningful observations on the higher level players like Soh, but he says that his weakness is out of control play and his worst map is t2.
Hoyt: One of hoyt's biggest strengths is definitely his movement. Speed alone can win you games, not to mention his strong aim.
DazedSpartan: Dazed is a very solid fundamentals-based player, who very rarely makes any dumb plays.
Ezormer: A player with insane mechanics. He is good enough to challenge hoyt with some practice.

11. Are there any non-Reflex players you'd like to see starting playing Reflex?
Not really non-Reflex players, but I'd like to see high level players who have left Reflex or have been inactive for a long time come back and compete, like necro, kalameet, messik, etc.

12. What do you think of the Reflex Monthly Cups so far? Anything that could be improved on?
I think the RMC tournament framework is at a pretty good spot right now. All it needs is more tournament signups, especially high level and mid level competition. I hope to see new blood challenging the established forces like hoyt and Rama in the near future, because having competition and storylines at the top level is always exciting.

13. What melee/player cosmetics are you currently rocking?
I like the look of default hostile, so I don't stray from it too much. Afro, massive arms, katana

14. Favorite "frag" or "defrag" movie(s)?
Cooller 2010/2011 to fav frag vids. My favorite Reflex movie was wh1te's first race movie. I never got into race but I thought his videos were well made. Sadly he deleted the video from his channel.

15. ESREALITY: Cancer or benefit to all mankind? PlusForward (>,<,=) ESReality?
I can't really comment on esr as I have never browsed it, but we all know that /r/Overwatch is the best arena fps forum.

16. Anything else you'd like to share? Shoutouts or whatever you want.
Thank you to DazedSpartan, fuglaa and Soh for teaching me things about duel at one point or another.

Thank you to United States of AmericaSharqosity for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles! Looking forward to watching his trend of improvement continue in future cups.

More RMC NA Player Profiles to come.

Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) :  United States of AmericaSol

RMC NA#2 -
icon_cup_bronze3rd Place 

Player Profiles is a fun project that allows us to learn a little bit about our fellow competitors.
These interviews give an interesting look at the best duelers competing in Reflex Monthly Cups.

United States of AmericaSol

1. Could you share a little about yourself? (Gaming background, IRL hobbies, job/studies, etc.?)
I've played around 6k hours of tf2, but surprisingly I'll always go back to my roots- rpg games. As of now, I just enjoy playing any game with friends, and that's actually how I got into reflex. I'm a pretty simple person, reading is my other main hobby aside from playing games. I'm currently finishing up my Master's in Biomedical Engineering.

Sol's a name that has stuck around for a very long time due to its three-letter simplicity. As you can guess, it's just "Sun", but I actually picked it out because it was the name of an ability in a Fire Emblem game.

3. How long have you been playing Reflex? (Hours according to steam? First played when?)
According to steam, I have around 400 hours on Reflex Arena. I bought it in 2015 and barely played it. The vast majority of my hours (~350+) came during 2017's summer.

I think I have an undefined playstyle which although may seem aim-reliant, it's really just a mess of ideas sewn together. I definitely think that my lack of experience is a weakness when trying to face top level players. My only strength would be adaptability- my willingness to take advice well.

5. What are your settings (dpi, sensitivity, resolution, fov) and hardware (mouse, keyboard, monitor)?
I play 1920x1080 and use an Acer GN246 144Hz monitor. My sensitivity is always subject to change, but it's currently 800 dpi / in game of 6. As for a mouse, I use a steelseries rival 300, and for a keyboard, a Tomoko pseudo-blue switch compact keyboard.

I would change the playerbase. A good chunk of the playerbase seem to have a really unique personality which somehow impedes growth of the community at large. Sure, there are tons of fun people to play with, but definitely not to work with. The efforts of those to improve the game is really undertoned and I hope more step up to work with them.

Reflex is a niche game in an already saturated market. Not only that, but because it is like promod, it is incredibly difficult to get into as a complete novice. Most of the people who play Reflex are those who came from other competitive gaming backgrounds and arena shooters. I don't think that this should be changed as it is what defines Reflex Arena- a hard but rewarding AFPS. Of course, more developer activity and a less-split community would probably help too.

Reflex Arena is a hard game to get into. It is a game where experience on the maps trumps most other aspects. Simply playing the game and grinding out mechanics to get better at the game is a way to improve, but oftentimes people stop short because of walls of constant losses. The MOST IMPORTANT THING is to enjoy doing what you do.

9. Are there any specific Reflex players you enjoy spectating or playing against? Any rivals?
My only rival is myself ironically, as I constantly pop in and out of reflex because of my own shortcomings. In terms of favorable opponents and players, I would say Ramagan, Dazedspartan, and Kalameet are players who are fun to watch. I don't know how many demos or games I have spec'd of them, but there are tons to learn from them.

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Xytaglyph, Soh, Hoyt, DazedSpartan, and Ezormer?

Hoyt: I think his strength is that he doesn't have many weaknesses. This sounds really silly, but he plays at a high level and tends to make very few mistakes. The consistent gameplay he shows is to be desired.

Soh: He is a very strong player who has solid aim and an understanding of how the game works. I believe that sometimes he chooses to make unfavorable decisions.

Ezormer: A strong player who is not only fun to play against, but fun to watch. He will go for unexpected plays which can work in his favor. Believe me when I say he's fun to watch, the frag videos are littered with him killing me.

DazedSpartan: Ok, DazedSpartan is an extremely meticulous person both in 1v1s and off of Reflex. His strength is his analysis and playstyle, but his weakness is perhaps his aim (while not top tier, still great). However, I think his biggest strength is the level of care and work he puts in to Reflex to harbor a better community.

Xytaglyph: A fun person to play with or against, Xytaglyph boasts tons of experience. He is not only a mapmaker, but a solid dueler, reaching top level gameplay. While he pays attention to gameplay and cycling, he sometimes get caught out in aim fights.

Practically any CPM player or arena-like-FPS player should check out reflex. It's a fun game to play and it has a dynamic community. I personally would like to see top level TF2 players, specifically clockwork or b4nny.

12. What do you think of the Reflex Monthly Cups so far? Anything that could be improved on?
I think that RMC is a step in the right direction as it officializes work done by the community and also collaborates with developers. My only advice moving forward is to take stern action against real threats to it. The RMC staff does their work voluntarily, so hurting their efforts is an attack on both the staff and on future goals for Reflex Arena.

Currently, I am using a full ronin set with the iconic gold wrench.

My favorite frag video is probably the CPM Brume video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KEN8-h9l0). As for Defrag, basically any yearly cup.

I don't know much about this to hold an opinion. PlusForward seems to organize their information better, but ESReality has legacy behind it. Maybe PlusForward =/= ESReality (they're incomparable?)

Thanks to all the hardworking staff for making RMC possible.
Thanks to all the Reflex players for giving me fun games to play.
Thanks to DazedSpartan and Kronky for being cool dudes to play with, hang around with, and teach me a lot about the games.

Thank you to United States of AmericaSol for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles! Sol fought his way to an impressive 3rd in his first ever Reflex tournament with only 400 hours. He has clearly picked up high level Reflex duel at a remarkable rate. Good luck to him in future events!

CR2 AU Broadcasters and Capped Prizepools!

RMC is happy to announce that ZTK and Phylum will be streaming and casting CR2 AU at https://www.twitch.tv/ztkfps!

We’re looking forward to their return to the Reflex community.

CR2 AU

Start Time : Sunday, April 8th, 2018 at 4:00 PM AEST (UTC+10) 
Stream : https://www.twitch.tv/ztkfps
Bracket : http://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/CR2_AU
Sign-up : http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/srOvxG5QxX
Communication : https://discord.gg/zUXuDcg
Prizepool : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/9943

We would also like to thank the donators who continue to support competitive Reflex.

The prizepools for both RMC NA#4 and 
RMC EU#4

have already been capped at the new $100 limit!

See you all there.

Upcoming events: https://reflex.fun

CR2 testing is in progress, how to get involved: https://reflex.fun/cr2

Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) :  United States of AmericaEzormer

RMC NA#1 - icon_cup_bronze3rd Place 
  RMC NA#2 -
icon_cup_silver2nd Place  

United States of AmericaEzormer

I'm not too interesting, just play a lot of games and take it a bit too seriously. Arena fps games are generally the only type of game I play online and competitively, otherwise I stick to a lot of single-player games. Other than that I've been trying to get my life together over the past few months, trying to get working and back to school.

Random name I spent maybe 30 seconds to make.

Since fall of 2015, around 1300 hours.

I try to play aggressively. It's hard for me to plan ahead and think about smart plays since I am already too focused on my movement, aim, and my opponet. I just try and go all out and keep the momentum, if I lose it I tend to "deflate." I usually don't pay attention to item timings, since after playing for as long as I have the cycle just comes naturally, although I do pay the price for not counting the seconds on occasion. I also have horrible ion cannon accuracy, but pretty decent bolts if I remember to pickup the weapon.

Logitech G Pro with 800 dpi, 7.6 sensitivity, 1280x720 144hz, random fov between 105-115 depening on my mood.

Larger playerbase.

Too many dead fps games to pick from, and it's hard to innovate in the arena fps subgenre since most veterans just want the same thing they've been playing for years. Reflex may be the most refined game in this subgenre in my opinion, but from an outsider's perspective it doesn't have too much flair to stand out compared to other games in the same playing field.

Play more Reflex. Nah but seriously, just playing consistantly over time against a wide variety of skill levels will teach you a lot as long as you're dedicated to getting better. Amazingly this worked out for me, and if that possible anything is possible.

It's hard to mention anyone specifically, but many of the so-called top players generally have different playstyles and quirks that make them interesting to spectate and play against.

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Xytaglyph, Sol, Soh, Hoyt, DazedSpartan?
All of them are better than me in various ways, except maybe Sol. Nothing against Sol, just speaking from experience. In all seriousness, it would be hard for me to pinpoint exactly their strengths/weaknesses other than obvious things. If I had that figured out I would know what areas for me to improve upon.

It would be incredible to see the gaming legend Fatal1ty join the fray and show us all the true meaning of dominance.

No complaints so far from my end except maybe the map pool, which has been discussed to death so I am sure a solution will be made in the future.

Tech Katana and trying to work on a full Samurai set.

I enjoy many CPMA frag movies like Dorftrottel, Its pekka 1+2, Work, etc. My favorite in general may be the classic Get Quaked 3 which is what inspired me to start playing arena fps. The RMC highlights are also really cool, mainly because I'm in them and I've never been in any frag movies.

No opinion really.

I guess I would love to know if anyone reading this has any advice for me as a Reflex player given my performance in the RMCs so far. Also shoutout to literally every Reflex player and the RMC staff for hosting these monthly cups.

Thank you to United States of AmericaEzormer for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles and good luck to him in future cups.

Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) :  United States of Americacatch_

RMC NA#1 - 13th Place
 RMC NA#2 - 7th Place
RMC NA#3- 5th Place
RMC EU#3 - 7th Place

United States of Americacatch_

-18yo
-started pc gaming in 2014, never really took it too seriously up until I started making frag movies with friends in CS:GO and discovered bhopping
-played counterstrike for about 2.2k hours over the duration of 4 years
-IRL: play soccer (what most of my time is dedicated to), will be graduating highschool to go on and pursue a career in computer science (hopefully)

N/A

-470 hours
-I first played the game in August of 2015, but did not really enjoy it until recently.

I dont think i have quite found my playstyle yet, I am still developing as a player :D

Type !res or !sens in stewie2k's twitch chat to find out how to become a better player ;)

Add more players ;D

Because it is too hard to learn for new players. The concept is too much in new players minds, and on top of that when they get into a game with a veteran they get stomped and lose all confidence.

Find a duel buddy/buddies that are around your skill level and play them for a while. Play with them consistently, and keep playing other better players as time goes on to see where you need to improve.

I enjoy spectating Soh because he is one of the only players I see deny health pick ups consistently in matches and can think ahead of other players very well. Hoyt is also fun to watch because of his aim and his understanding of all the maps (just an all around great player).

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Xytaglyph, Sol, Soh, Hoyt, DazedSpartan, Sharqosity, and Ezormer?
-Xytaglyph: Very bad at judging what frags he should chase, when to chase, and is somewhat intimidated when he comes into competition with better players. Good at timing mega though.
-Soh: Relies on spawn frags far to often. Great aim, great at punishing with bolt.
-Hoyt: All around great player.
-DazedSpartan: Very predictable from what i have heard. Great understanding of the game.
-Ezormer: Has moments where he just goes god mode and can't be stopped. Very good with rail.
-Sharqosity: a great all around player. He has a good understanding of the game, but sometimes he can become very predictable when pushing for certain items.
-Sol: N/A

I would like to see a return of some players like AZK, Messik, Kala, and Necro, but it would be cool to see some big streamers like Shroud to play and learn the game.

I think it has gotten people to play the game more, although I notice many players are only playing around tournament time. Rather than just playing to have fun and improve.

Crowbar!

14. Anything else you'd like to share? Shoutouts or whatever you want.
Shout out to Amazon, they gonna run the world.

Thank you to  United States of Americacatch_ for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles! Catch_ is currently tied for most RMC cup participation, even braving high ping to compete in the EU side of things. Good luck to him in future cups!

Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) : Hong KongSoh

RMC NA#3 - icon_cup_silver2nd Place
RMC EU#3 - 9th Place

Hong KongSoh

I've played a lot of competitive video games in the past. The first one of note would be Starcraft Broodwar and Starcraft 2. I wasn't particularly good at Broodwar because I was quite young and didn't really know how to improve that well. In StarCraft 2, I was a bit older so I was able to compete a bit, especially in the early days. I won a few small tournaments when there were weekly tournaments online for StarCraft 2. After that, I switched to League of Legends, but I really only played League from Season 1 - Season 3, and casually for the most part. Following League I got in to CounterStrike and played that relatively competitively for around a year, and played with the Team Liquid community team. After all that I finally tried Reflex. I'm studying Computer Science right now in university, and my real life hobbies include: driving on mountains, working out, playing basketball, and doing a massive amount of drugs and alcohol.

There's not much of a back story to my name. Just thought it was cool and rolled with it after switching from my previous name, No0n.

I've been playing reflex since May 2016, after being introduced to it by porkRaven. He used to shit on me all the time. I have around 1200 hours.

I'm not sure what defines my playstyle, so I'll let other people describe it for me. I do want to say I don't think I play particularly smart or tactically. I'd say my weakness is my out of control play, since I don't use my brain its hard to get back control vs. decent players.

Hardware:
   Mouse: Razer Abyssus (old)
   Keyboard: Varmilo Va87m Cherry Mx Browns
   Earbuds: Final E2000
   Monitor: Asus VG248QE, Generic ViewSonic 1080p LED

Ingame:
   Sensitivity: 1800dpi 0.65 in-game, 1000hz polling, Post-Scale X: 3.839700 Post-Scale Y: 3.839700
   FOV: 113
   Resolution: 1366x768 144hz refresh

I would probably change the default burst gun with a non-glitchy stake gun.

I think Reflex is not more popular because the game itself isn't that fun due to a lack of players and people playing more fun modes. The main mode is duel which is very punishing and can be very demotivating for a lot of people. Furthermore there is too much of a focus on  competition and professionalism for a game that is so small. Why would I choose to play a game too focused on competing vs. other people when I can play a game where the game is actually fun and people aren't always competing against each other. Like what is the point of perfectly balanced weapons and rewarding good decision making if the game itself is not fun?

My advice for new players is quit the game, unless you're willing to dedicate at least 200 hours to getting raped by someone with only 50 more hours than you.

I always enjoy spectating Hoyt because he always wins. I like playing against any mid tier players, because they're not completely clueless but I can still win pretty easily, so It's like getting a free hit of dopamine. It's not very satisfying though. I don't think I have any rivals. In the past it was Hoyt but I would definitely say its not really a rivalry so much anymore.

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Hoyt, Ezormer, DazedSpartan, Sol, Xytaglyph, Messik, Rex?
    Hoyt:
        Strengths:
            Really good decision making
            Really good mechanics
        Weaknesses:
            If something "bullshit" happens he can tilt and give up a few frags
    Ezormer:
        Strengths:
            Extremely good mechanics
            High Frags per Minute when on
        Weaknesses:
            Not that good decision making
            Can choke
            Basically suicidal when aim is not good
            Anxiety
    DazedSpartan:
        Strengths:
            Good decision making
        Weaknesses:
            Slow
            Mechanics are a bit subpar for his skill bracket
            Low Frags per minute
    Sol:
        Strengths:
            Decent mechanics
        Weaknesses:
            Not that good decision making
            Slow
            If you rat, his frags per minute is extremely low
    Xytaglyph:
        Strengths:
            Good mechanics
            Decent decision making
            Dodging
        Weaknesses:
            Prone to tilting
            Frags per minute is low if you rat
    Messik:
        Strengths:
            Extremely good mechanics
            Extremely high frags per minute
            Decent decision making
        Weaknesses:
            Sometimes goes full retard and gives up the game
            Depressed
    Rex:
        Strengths:
            Pretty good mechanics
            Rail
        Weaknesses:
            Low frags per minute if you rat
            Doesn't play the smartest style

Probably the only people I can really think of I would want to play Reflex are my roommates and other friends. It would be cool to play with some of my real life friends.

I think the Reflex monthly cups so far are alright. Decent turnout with decent competition. Not the most stacked tourneys and the maps are boring. Really would like to see switching out at least one map per tourney, and having a rule where you can't bring in a removed map for at least 2 tourneys.
    E.G. Tourney 1 Map Pool: t7, t2, dp5, dm13, ruin
         Tourney 2 Map Pool: t5, t2, dp5, dm13, ruin (cannot bring t7 back until tourney 4)
         Tourney 3 Map Pool: t5, static, dp5, dm13, ruin (cannot bring t2 back until tourney 5)
         Tourney 4 Map Pool: t5, gt3, dp5, dm13, t7 (cannot bring ruin back until tourney 6)
         e.t.c.

I'm using: Founder Wrench, Spark Head, Hornet Arms, Tracket Legs, Sentinel Torso
    Main Color: Red
    Secondary Color: Yellow

Frag movies:
        CSGO:
    frag:show 6 by shift
        The Underdogs by Linus
        De_Lonelyboys by Linus
        Wookies fragmovie by AP flippoz
        Adil "ScreaM" Benrlitom - Headshot Machine Movie by NiceShotWorld
        きしゅつしーんつめあわせ2 by Shoushi
        きしゅつしーんつめあわせ3 by Shoushi
        Frag Compliation by Lazvell

CS:
        MouseSports - Ready, Willing & Able by M. Weicker: R.I.P. cyx
        zet by athid
        f0rest by athid
        mSx fragmovie by fistor
        MouseSports - Ready, Willing & Able by M. Weicker 

CS:Source:
        Daniel 'RE1EASE' Mullan by Frank Garnett Welsh
        Dumbazo the Movie by Steamworks Production

CPM:
        Work by Entik
        Bulgarian Odyssey
        Taking Names by Mazu
        isolated by Chris Ska

QL:
        zis is rapha by Justin White
        QL: Cooller 2010/2011 by subtitled

Warsow:
        Made in Japan by warsowfanboy

Defrag Movies:
        Quake:
        Destiny by Z0rn & Kabcorp
        Hangtime2 Cup by xajA

I don't have much experience with esReality so no opinion. +forward is chill I don't mind it that much.

I'd like to shout out a couple of people.
    porkRaven for being a bro and for introducing me to this game.
    blas/cyril/nitsuJ for teaching me when I first started playing strangers and not only vs. porkRaven.
    maya for teaching me the power of IC and showing me that a style without full control works.
    kalameet for teaching me how to play fast and really elevating me from mid skill to high skill
    hoyt for being a really cool practice partner for a while in 2016
    cosmoit cuz even tho he doesn't play anymore he was a bruh
    xytaglyph for making maps and being cool also
    ZTK cuz he was there since I started streaming Reflex

Thank you to Hong KongSoh for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles and good luck to him in future cups. Also, thanks for the feedback. Map pool changes are planned.

The Custom Ruleset 2 Development Process has been moved to the live game!

With the release of 1.2, ruleset modifications are now available on the main game.
Since it is no longer necessary to test CR2 on an older version of Reflex, CR2 development has moved to the live game!

All CR2 servers have been transferred to the live game and the testing process continues. On March 25th, 17 days from this post, testing will conclude and CR2 will be finalized.
Previous replays of games on CR2 servers have been preserved.

For latest ruleset changes, always play on official CR2 Servers.
Official CR2 Servers:
http://reflex.fun/cr2#Servers

How to run CR2 on your server :

-Download the latest version of CR2 and CR2_team rulesets :

http://reflex.fun/ruleset_CR2.cfg
   http://reflex.fun/ruleset_CR2_team.cfg

-Place both files in your reflexfps folder

-Callvote ruleset CR2 or CR2_team in game to add it

See you all in the upcoming duel cups for North America, Europe, Australia, and Japan as well as the first 2v2 cup!

Upcoming Events : https://reflex.fun
The CR2 development timeline remains unchanged : https://reflex.fun/cr2_timeline.PNG
Full CR2 Information : https://reflex.fun/cr2

Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) :  United States of AmericaXytaglyph

RMC NA#3 - 
icon_cup_bronze3rd Place 

United States of AmericaXytaglyph

I am currently a Physics undergrad and I'm in the Army National Guard, aside from playing Reflex I enjoy shooting, mountain biking, and studying Korean language. I am from Augusta, Georgia but I currently live in Seattle, Washington. 

My nick I made up on the fly, I just wanted something unique and involving the letter X, so I came up with this and it stuck

I have been playing reflex since December of 2014 and have about 2080 hours at the time of writing this

My playstyle is somewhat weird, I don't think I am an aimer but I tend to play very positionally out of control and I like to use stack advantage to make very aggressive plays when in control. I know that I still make a lot of timing errors and take some really stupid risks when in-control that often result in me losing the game.

800 dpi @ 6.649704  sens (30cm / 360), 2560x1440 all graphics Low except Effect detail (on Medium) and Antialiasing (on SMAA Ultra). I use a Zowie EC1-A for mouse, and a Benq XL2730z at 144hz

I would increase the size of the community, but if we are only talking about the game itself then I'd change the ruleset to Sushi for sure.

The simple answer is that the game is just too hard, and 1v1s carry too much individual responsibility for casual gamers.

My advice for new players is to just keep playing, and play a lot. This game requires a lot of time to become skilled at, and its not going to come for free. Becoming good at Reflex has honestly been one of the most personally rewarding experiences in my life, it is definitely worth it in my opinion.

9. Are there any players you enjoy spectating or playing against? Any rivals?
I enjoy watching EU players play simply because the meta game they have is very different from NA, its like watching a different game truly. As far as playing goes, I probably enjoy playing Hoyt and Soh the most, they present a significant challenge and always create a learning environment for me where all aspects of my skill are put to the test, not just some.

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Soh, Hoyt, DazedSpartan, Sol and Ezormer?
Hoyt is very strong at the moment, both his strength and weakness are his aim. He relies heavily upon it so when he has an off day, he can have a difficult time playing.
Soh is also a very strong opponent, his strength lies in mechanics and movement and his weakness is probably decision-making when playing in-control specifically.
Ezormer I havent really played much in the past few months so I can't intelligently comment on him.
Dazed is a very mechanics based player, but his aim can really hold him back at times.
Sol is a very strong aimer as well, similar to hoyt, but he lacks the experience that other players have, if he practices more he will be a top contender for sure.

I mean, I think all of us would like to see players like vo0 and gellehsak play reflex but its not where the money is unfortunately. If I could pick one player I'd probably have to say vo0 though, just because he is such a legend in many games, and if he was around I think we could really push the meta-game further in Reflex.

The reflex monthly cups are good, I like them a lot so far, one possible change is that we could rotate out some casters to get more varied personalities on the casting stream, but thats all that I can think of at the moment.

I have pretty much always worn the same cosmetics on my robot: Supporter Khopesh, Angry Droid Head, Dedlock arms and body, with Tracker Legs. Sea Green primary color with light Purple Secondary

Favorite frag movie is probably The Contenders 2 by Entik, but for Reflex probably Terifire's

ESR is pretty bad, I personally prefer PlusForward even just for the improved UI and stats

Thanks Dazed and Rama for putting on these tourneys and trying to keep the game alive!

Thank you to United States of AmericaXytaglyph for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles!

Custom Ruleset 2 Tournaments are here!

Now that Custom Ruleset 2 has been finalized, Reflex Monthly Cups events can resume!

5jyaloazEBJu4hfa9q0prjebXDm5d4RWDZ8IUfuLA2p564Swhrfa1NY5w80jR2B5HkIt9hOhj90touj3lYeqkN7NSvGs-3_TqqozLWMFVy9HYuroVx1gS2jThRjnNyYs4wcsB5U0

Following the Custom Ruleset 2 timeline, RMC is hosting additional events in early April. For the first time, in addition to RMC NA#4 and EU#4, duel cups in AU and JP and a 2v2 cup are being held!

Upcoming Events Info: https://reflex.fun

See you there.

Reflex Monthly Cups Player Profiles (NA) :  United States of AmericaDazedSpartan

RMC NA#1 - icon_cup_silver2nd Place  

United States of AmericaDazedSpartan

The first real game I played was Call of Duty world at war on the wii when it came out (you may not like it, but that is what peak fps looks like). I played a little Halo 1 on the PC around this time on little kid modded servers and then moved back to console when I got an xbox 360 for christmas. 
I played probably 3000 hours of xbox Call of Duty, all the games from world at war until Modern Warfare 3 in 2011-2012 which was the last time I played console. 
Not relevant to fps but I played a lot of Runescape from 2007 until 2011.
I got more into PC games and hopped between Combat Arms (bad game but this was the first PC fps that I played a ton), Battlefield 3, tf2, starcraft 2, and a lot of singleplayer games but had no commitment to get good at a game. Mass Effect 2 was/is my favorite singleplayer game. I was pretty good at everything except TF2 and I was especially bad at starcraft. I began having unrelated hand issues and looked for a game that required fewer clicks. I tried League of Legends early on (around Vayne release I believe) and got hooked totally. This is funny looking back since this game is actually very click intensive. I played primarily League of Legends since Season 1 for almost 5 years. I got to Diamond 1 high LP before master tier existed, which I was/am proud of since so many people played. I played AD Nidalee top, Twisted Fate mid, and Lee Sin/Jarvan jungle during this time if anyone is wondering. After that I continued to play for years but just got really bad and tilted. The game itself also slowly changed to a game that was not fun for me but I was too invested to leave and it caused me a lot of stress honestly because I hated it but continued to play because I could never find a replacement game.
It wasn't one game that pulled me out of League of Legends, instead it was a combination of a ton of games that I all enjoyed more. Tribes Ascend, Nosgoth, Old School Runescape, Call of Duty 4 and 5 on PC, Overwatch beta, Path of Exile, Terraria, Hearthstone, Age of Empires 2, and many single player games. 
And then in Doom 2016 I beat the singleplayer and loved it and looked online about the multiplayer. I stumbled on a bunch of elitist sounding kids complaining about the multiplayer not being “real” afps. So then I saw rapha vs evil quakecon finals, and from there I was split whether to buy Reflex or QL, since they are both 10 dollars, but I ended up getting Reflex and now I’m one of the elitist kids.

In real life I am studying medical science at UT and currently preparing for the MCAT. I do wheel to wheel racing in a competitive sprint series and sometimes endurance team racing in amateur orgs like WRL/Chump/Lemons. I love cars and I also enjoy mountain biking and working out with friends. I thought it would never happen but I feel like I am transitioning away from videogames in my life.

The truth is in around 2009 I saw a guy who looked really cool in runescape who had an ags and full void running around at castle wars entrance so I stole his name. 

According to steam, I have 1200 hours. I first played September of 2016.

I think I am consistent in my decision making in each situation and usually take good options. I think I am too mechanically slow and my comfort with unusual or messy situations is really low, especially because of relatively weak aim.

I play on a 640*480 15 inch CRT running at 160 Hz. I got the CRT 4 months ago or so and it is definitely an improvement even though it is small and not a very good one. I use 750 dpi with 4.8 in game sensitivity for 44 cm/360. I play on 90 fov. I use the Logitech G203 mouse and would highly recommend it, it’s cheap and better than almost everything. I use a rosewill keyboard. And I use the steelseries desk sized mousepad but I don’t put my keyboard on it, so I can extend my mouse arm all the way straight and still be on mousepad.

I would improve the dev team so they had a good vision for the game and could devote more time to give Reflex the amount of development it deserves. Need a very passionate dev team to spread the feeling to the community so more content is created and more people invest time in improving it.

Reflex does nothing to insulate anyone from their skill level. In pubg you only see evidence that you are bad once every 20 minutes+, and it’s mixed in with small successes here and there like looting or almost shooting someone who didn’t see you. So your brain justifies the badness or forgets about it. Reflex gives no hope like this and if you are weaker than the opponent you are reminded every few seconds for the whole match. The worst or best part is that there is also no excuse, the game is 1v1 and not much is left to chance. This makes it a great and rewarding platform for developing a skill, and that’s one of the best things about the game. However, to devote such time and effort, a reason needs to exist for players. A sense of caring and mattering needs to spread through the community and beyond to attract competitively minded players because we need a reason to justify putting in such effort. But when the future of the game is uncertain from a development perspective and a lot of people don’t care or are just destructive it’s tough to spark the “mattering” that Reflex needs. There needs to be a reason to play, like a drive to compete, for duel to grow because it’s not fun to just play around and be bad at Reflex.  

The game is mostly mental, in the back of your head you always know when you are learning the game that there are no shortcuts and improving is just playing/analyzing about the game a lot. It really comes down to not quitting. One thing I see a lot are people starting to complain just to complain (I complained just to complain a whole lot when I was learning) or to get attention but after a while they start to believe what they say and can’t improve passed the wall they have created, especially because it’s always easier just to make excuses and not improve. You hear dumb things from some people when you are learning and maybe you will focus on the wrong things at first but the truth is that you need to be fairly strong at all aspects of the game to be a high level. Imo focusing on movement a lot as a new player is overrated and it’s only focused on because it’s an easy and obvious thing to teach. Being good is all about building patterns, you shouldn’t be thinking in a duel or analyzing any situation during the game ideally. You should just recognize the good options and pick one. You learn what the good options are by making mental notes of mistakes or things you see good players doing, then when you are in that situation just do the same thing. Then pick up speed from there. This just comes from playing a lot and thinking about the game outside of it.

I like playing Kalameet because we just play duels back to back for a long time and don’t talk during it. He plays in a consistent strong style and because of that consistency it’s easy to try individual things and see the result and learn. I don’t like playing against people who do stupid things and get away with it and pretend it was good.

10. Could you, in a few words, tell us what you think of the strengths/weaknesses of each of these players: Xytaglyph, Sol, Soh, Hoyt, DazedSpartan?
It’s hard critiquing other players since I have barely played in ages and I'm bad now but I’ll pretend it was months ago- 

Hoyt: Hoyt has very good dm and sense of positioning and has built his item control up to a high level also. He can be hard to predict and puts out a lot of damage and pressure all the time, especially in scramble situations where he has nothing to lose he can come out way ahead. He’s very hard to keep in control against because of his damage and strong dodging just wears down resources until he takes a risk and wins the fight. He is also very comfortable in mechanics based situations.

Soh: Good mechanics, good at abusing opponent weaknesses, not afraid to try things in duels. Likes to pretend he’s not trying or doesn’t care and that’s weird.

Ezormer: Strong rockets and wants to fight all the time. Improves greatly in tournaments because he is even more surprising. His in control play is fast and hard to deal with, but his out of control play is not up to the same level.

Xytaglyph: I haven’t played him as much. I think he has a very good sense of the game and plays at a high level but doesn’t practice enough (not fast enough in decisions) and sometimes makes a play that might be the right play but just too committed/invested to it, then when it goes wrong he can say it was the right play and went wrong because of something else, which is true, but it went wrong so it doesn’t matter and it’s just self-limiting.

Sol: He has improved fast at the game. He has high level mechanics/dm since he comes from TF2. He has been able to improve his decision making and play otherwise and it has put him up to a decent level in an impressively short amount of time.

Just more competitively minded players from other games. I don’t care much about any individual well known afps players playing the game, but more of them playing it would bring in more players which would be nice.

RMC is a very well done platform but needs an improved surrounding atmosphere for it to really thrive because people need to care more in general for a healthy competitive scene to grow. In the short term, RMC needs more staff.

I am using the spartan head with the pipe. 

Offclassery mastery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4oWR7LVGI

Pizza time by Sharqosity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpuveN_uXfc

No opinion on which is better because I haven’t used either much, but plusforward looks better and ESR could use a visual overhaul I think.

Here is a picture of me at an amateur race event a few years ago

meatraceevent.png

Thank you to United States of AmericaDazedSpartan for participating in RMC NA Player Profiles and good luck to him in future cups.

US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gificon_cup_gold Reflex Monthly Cup NA#4 Results icon_cup_goldCanada

The fourth NA Reflex Monthly Cup was concluded on Sunday! Thank you to everyone who came to watch, to the players, and to the Reflex Monthly Cups staff for another great tournament. Special thanks to US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifPan1c from the CPMA community for cocasting. Congratulations to EstoniaVigur, who came out ahead of US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifHoyt in a surprising turn of events on 118 ping! This marks the first time that Hoyt has not come 1st in NA RMC, and the first time a player has won a cup outside of their region. Impressive from Vigur!

icon_cup_gold :  EstoniaVigur

icon_cup_silver :  US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifHoyt

icon_cup_bronze :  United States of AmericaSharqosity

See you all next time.

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCNA4

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/uAL6FHNH_ik

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jme7hezio0g9dev/RMCNA4_replays.zip?dl=0

Payouts: https://matcherino.com/tournaments/9839/payouts

Thank you for supporting competitive Reflex!

black_line5.png.2eb8531bb57ac73e127b15ce61af6912.png

Reflex Monthly Cups is looking for more volunteers! 

- Another Public Relations member who can advertise the cups on discord and other sites and platforms
- 2 to 4 additional tournament admins
- Someone with videomaking skills to join the highlights video team
- A newswriter who can write pre and post cup summaries

If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact @DazedSpartan#3488 on discord. Thanks!

icon_cup_goldCR2 Cups Results icon_cup_gold

Reflex Monthly Cups hosted three tournaments last Sunday to showcase the finalized CR2 ruleset. They all differed from events that RMC has hosted in the past. The first was an AU duel cup, the second was a JP duel cup, and the third was a 2v2 cup. Thank you to everyone who came to watch, the players, and especially the broadcasters and RMC staff who worked to host all these tournaments on the same day. 

See you all next time!

Australiaicon_cup_gold CR2 AU Cup Results icon_cup_goldAustralia

icon_cup_gold :  AustraliaDacca

icon_cup_silver :  AustraliaCat_Smoker

icon_cup_bronze :  AustraliaOldmatesc

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/CR2_AU

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/GJ7ab5_O268

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru76d43d673hflq/CR2_AU_replays.zip?dl=0

Payouts : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/9943/payouts

YexKiPXFG7wNGDw4-zaohO4zVfdplE2660vFLo7V80_S_NL-Ko1UN7u5bU7g-KCt3pzWXsElRgaoyuVsTnQTEsF2XDyXe7Omu-uk_QbcQK4mgmlHmZ7PTrsd7A6pOFNO8aC8sBGHicon_cup_gold CR2 JP Cup Results icon_cup_goldUQ0Z8g2Y-Tp-C-G-y1OQ6B3884iJo_HzY_SLz7ZILDw8Ci3ZiTDQexf2_PwPDgBtnLkygpYCMlwOgMhM9dTvyuAAi5WvMMwreh_EER6twUwIm1ZxioeIH855ZYbWmP5eH-YEqLy8

icon_cup_gold :  RussiaChortas

icon_cup_silver :  Japanshoushink

icon_cup_bronze :  JapanAlvajp

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/CR2_JP

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/_5TfXTJQbqc

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkydqjjn20rtxqu/CR2_JP_replays.zip?dl=0

Payouts : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/9942/payouts

Europeicon_cup_gold CR2 2v2 Cup Results icon_cup_goldEurope

icon_cup_gold :  kimi+lako winner squad (hTXz4BC9Hg8MXZ0l6vR75r677Tt0nVHJSMKKOeCq8jA6zzYRiTzmXpQSkQ9fRwVRFPownGYzpZS1ykIMPBAAuAPg9rS6U7CyeHVfgI7wrDGJgnVBeWgE2KMfG6-xJPokPBwXRz66Kimi + vigQ3EkFhRcTiIsJKBc9dZpVSh6JiLIC1L2JBVOnAwfYXMISKpOyOPkxAluMe1QeswKEwb_ph1-sfIgZQt2Mk78BWPBeIJVsWujXSB9OAVAq3hTdlrqOHe2JQDFgoVX649UWR2FCLKO)

icon_cup_silver :  bigdoinks (Y5I-gwssdbpDc3SVBHbPbF9J_mY-hVDfIshPqW_F6CzPBMjfS7c3-1RjsMNBR8_TB1SNf8MF_l4IIFy8WHwFGwbDw65VSes4oq2PYRdqNh8yiPxnZyP85GH-GuX63_TslBHd14DNdev_ + cpwHEc2TPPKuFmqy2oapOqogXtS6CPlUtlhtBK2rDldpaDjuGg9on_7HP4MPGOlZ3Ul9XWr_G3VATD9CcA4UPLlliWqu71F-zwi16t4Et4vRSYsW0uW4eYT1T1QkQ7ZS51jbAXtaGala)

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/CR2_2v2

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/w-pVpqCwwzg

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/gr9iquuqn4230zg/CR2_2v2_replays.zip?dl=0

eu.gif.597e2bb75ac203140be4f26df11c2087.gif Reflex Monthly Cup EU#4 Results eu.gif.597e2bb75ac203140be4f26df11c2087.gif

Reflex Monthly Cups EU#4 has been concluded! Thank you to the players, RMC staff, and everyone who came to watch. Special thanks to def for streaming and stepping in to cast almost all of the cup (and doing a great job). Congratulations to Ramagan for another victory, continuing his reign in EU with a decisive victory over Vigur in the grand finals.

icon_cup_gold : FranceRamagan

icon_cup_silver : KgzETA7raPhJPO9wkeI6JOzn42gFuKD5sL_3EqtrQl4S_rdbFUFMp75TJSL1wudeG1Gi0cpyrEHbqaoV3dOcmXFqELUxlChbQpXlZBo8KrXEtrjb6wFhUQsEG0_jo3VGnQ24dmlCVigur

icon_cup_bronze : vigQ3EkFhRcTiIsJKBc9dZpVSh6JiLIC1L2JBVOnAwfYXMISKpOyOPkxAluMe1QeswKEwb_ph1-sfIgZQt2Mk78BWPBeIJVsWujXSB9OAVAq3hTdlrqOHe2JQDFgoVX649UWR2FCLKO

See you all next time.

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCEU4

Complete Broadcast : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CT7xzfGZg4&feature=youtu.be

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7t9oa0rqr0qb4o/RMCEU4_replays.zip?dl=0

Donations are open for the upcoming monthly cup :

RMC NA#5 : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10617

Reflex Monthly Cups NA#5, Map Pool Changes, Rule Changes, and CR2 Changes

United States of America Announcing Reflex Monthly Cup NA#5 Canada

The date for the fifth rotation of the North American cups is finalized!

Start Time : Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at 02:00 PM EST (UTC-5)
Stream : TBA, please message @DazedSpartan#3488 if interested
Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCNA5
Sign-up : https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/xsoKq8mnn2
Communication : https://discord.gg/CepJUfS
Prizepool : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10617

Thank you to donators and we hope to see you all on tournament day!

Changes to RMC

After 4 complete rotations, we have decided to make some changes to various aspects of RMC including map pool, map selection, server selection, and ruleset.

All following changes are effective immediately:

Map Pool

Abandoned Shelter (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=608404670)

will replace

Ruin (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=595872330)

Map Selection System :

The following map picking system will now be used :

- Use the 'roll' command in console to determine which player drops first. (The player with the highest roll is the roll Winner)
        W: Roll winner
        L: Roll loser
    - BO3 : Pick(W)-Pick(L)-Drop(W)-Drop(L) - The remaining map is the tiebreaker map (Maps are played in order of picks).
    - BO1 : Drop(L)-Drop(W)-Drop(W)-Drop(L) - The remaining map after drops is the map to be played.
    https://reflex.fun/rmc_rules#MapSelectionSystem

This Pick-Pick system rather than Drop-Drop system will lead to more variety and force players to practice the entire pool as there is a risk of the opponent forcing any map.

Cross Region Server Selection Rules :

- EU Editions :
    EU_player vs NA_player matches are played on a London (UK) server. If the EU player's ping is higher than 80ms on the London (UK) server, a Frankfurt (DE) server is used.
- NA editions :
    NA_player vs EU_player matches are played on a New Jersey (East) server. If the NA player's ping is higher than 80ms on the New Jersey (East) server, a Chicago (Central) server is used.

- Manipulating/Inflating ping to mislead admins will result in a disqualification from the tournament.
https://reflex.fun/rmc_rules#Servers

This rule change will help west NA players have a greater advantage when playing against an EU player in an NA edition.

CR2 Ruleset changes :

The latest CR2 ruleset changes will be used in future RMC events :

- Rocket ammo has been increased from 4/8/16 to 5/10/20 (Box/Wep/Max)
- The CR2_team ruleset has been synced with the CR2 ruleset, it appeared ammo changes did not prove useful, there is now only a single ruleset.

Thank you for supporting competitive Reflex and see you at RMC NA#5 on April 29th!

45 minutes ago, ReflexMonthlyCup said:

new cross region server rule

Good

more rocket ammo

Thank fucking god

new map pick system

Not bad

ruin swapped for abandoned shelter

This is problematic. How does this solve anything? I'm assuming the issue here is that Ruin is very rarely practiced and played in tournaments, but what makes you think that dp4 will be any better? As far as I can tell, there has been no community vote, no real testing of the map apart from the extremely short ammo remix testing, and it seems like it's just a hastily made decision. What even happened to the mapping tournament that was planned during the first months? It's not like Ruin is a bad map either, it's just not played because only a few people from the main regions play it. Just look at the aussie boys, they seem to play nothing but Ruin.

The issue with this decision is that you already fixed the problem: the map picking system. If you want people to practice the least played map in the pool, then just have people pick first instead of banning. If a player doesn't practice a map, then they risk having their opponent pick the said map on their first pick. If the map still doesn't get picked after that change, then feel free to ditch it out.

If you just want more variety to the map pool, then don't keep the maps that have been played 24/7 for years now. Regardless of what you do to the other maps, people will always favour the usual trio of t7/t2/thcdm13.

It could make sense to just add Abandoned Shelter and also keep ruin. This, together with the new map picking system would improve the variety of map played. I like this new system because it should reward players that are more versatile, that can adapt and play different play-styles on different maps, and it punish players that just over-learn one or two maps.  Like people in QL that can just play aero/ztn. that's bad. In my opinion we could just make the map pool grow and keep maps that play decently good like ruin.

eu.gif.597e2bb75ac203140be4f26df11c2087.gif Announcing Reflex Monthly Cup EU#5 eu.gif.597e2bb75ac203140be4f26df11c2087.gif

The date for the fifth rotation of the European cups is finalized!

Start Time : Sunday, May 20th, 2018, 05:00 PM CEST (UTC+2)
Stream : https://www.twitch.tv/deftv
Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCEU5
Sign-up : https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/R6rNgTowpd
Communication : https://discordapp.com/invite/CepJUfS
Prizepool: https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10701

We hope to see all of you on tournament day! 

- Another Public Relations member who can advertise the cups on discord and other sites and platforms

If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact @DazedSpartan#3488 on discord. Thanks!

US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gificon_cup_gold Reflex Monthly Cup NA#5 Results icon_cup_goldCanada

The fifth NA Reflex Monthly Cup was concluded on Sunday! Thank you to everyone who came to watch, to the players, and to the Reflex Monthly Cups staff for another great tournament. Congratulations to qxhwyJ-7w9r_z6jKq6ld3TqGFuKgFiGATrpfE3h9Rqc6x3Cwel2Jr1a_Zw0846mu3PHlv4p17NCvc3CemZ97iBdAsQju1Y1FvUvBPKTTM45qeXYsi_tSV8BTqU5duZJoz5ePdKDESoh, who was never knocked out of the winner’s bracket and regained the title for North America! EstoniaVigur came in a close 2nd, with well over 100 ping.  qxhwyJ-7w9r_z6jKq6ld3TqGFuKgFiGATrpfE3h9Rqc6x3Cwel2Jr1a_Zw0846mu3PHlv4p17NCvc3CemZ97iBdAsQju1Y1FvUvBPKTTM45qeXYsi_tSV8BTqU5duZJoz5ePdKDESoh is now the 3rd player to win the NA RMC tournament, along with EstoniaVigur and US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifHoyt.

icon_cup_gold : qxhwyJ-7w9r_z6jKq6ld3TqGFuKgFiGATrpfE3h9Rqc6x3Cwel2Jr1a_Zw0846mu3PHlv4p17NCvc3CemZ97iBdAsQju1Y1FvUvBPKTTM45qeXYsi_tSV8BTqU5duZJoz5ePdKDESoh

icon_cup_silver : EstoniaVigur

icon_cup_bronze : US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifHoyt

See you all next time.

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCNA5

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/7QG4EHFRXqk

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qjepis394ubw5k/RMCNA5_replays.zip?dl=0

Payouts : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10617/payouts

Reflex Monthly Cups NA#6 and Region Lock

United States of America Announcing Reflex Monthly Cup NA#6 Canada

The date for the sixth rotation of the North American cups is finalized!

Start Time : Sunday, June 17th, 2018 at 01:00 PM EST (UTC-5)
Stream : https://www.twitch.tv/deftv
Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCNA6
Sign-up : https://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8t3wrcygID
Communication : https://discord.gg/CepJUfS
Prizepool : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10957
Rules : https://reflex.fun/rmc_rules

Thank you to donators and we hope to see you all on tournament day!

Region Lock

Based on community feedback, a new rule has been added to RMC NA and RMC EU tournaments.

Effective immediately:
-Players must ping lower than 85ms to the central server of the region to be allowed to participate (Chicago for RMC NA, Germany for RMC EU)
https://reflex.fun/rmc_rules#Servers

Thank you for your input.

eu.gif.597e2bb75ac203140be4f26df11c2087.gif Reflex Monthly Cup EU#5 Results eu.gif.597e2bb75ac203140be4f26df11c2087.gif

Reflex Monthly Cup EU#5 has concluded!

Thank you to the players, RMC staff, and everyone who came to watch. Special thanks to def for an awesome job casting the entire cup on his own. Congratulations to Ramagan once again, for his conclusive win over Vigur in the grand finals and his fifth EU cup win.

icon_cup_gold : France Ramagan

icon_cup_silver : qIR7O3KB5gmyKLAdwtmeMU7BiuKdKhaXkAV836QYte2M5pgNeOCX4_JqLukBonD1bAMVCxyhis0vUFo39Ck_8psVKsEWfA5pLGG0zZnW9jb6GWv-EnbaT6dun5C90huSNOKBcnC0 Vigur

icon_cup_bronze : ZTZuXFFqJY5XdSPO1KpyCzkSK6ON3DbhsaQelXCEJdSeznbl8O8G6NriYKXT7QXVd66GT_7mhy0XYC5jQy7NHz7KomyRtNFWJq7V9X2SrJxsE3_0Qkq40BCBIsutsBP-lQpe1mEW 666

See you all next time.

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCEU5

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/NFSyq6xvo3Q

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6uhoj9bkpsxog0p/RMCEU5_replays.zip?dl=0

Payouts : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10701/payouts

Donations are open for the upcoming monthly cup :

RMC NA#6 : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10957

Reflex Monthly Cup Hiatus after RMC NA#6

Reflex Monthly Cups is taking a break until player counts increase or development for Reflex resumes. RMC has given Reflex it’s first sustainable framework for competitive and dependable tournaments. Unfortunately, it is clear that interest in Reflex or competitive Reflex is at an all time low, so Reflex Monthly Cups is being put on hold until conditions improve.

The infrastructure behind Reflex Monthly Cups will stay untouched and the tournament cycle can be easily resumed in the future.

Reflex Monthly Cups NA#6 is the final planned event: June 17th @ 01:00pm EST

We hope that Reflex can flourish again so that we are able to continue creating entertaining, high-level tournaments for you to enjoy watching and playing in.

Let us know what you think - we’d be happy to hear your thoughts going forward and are open to suggestions for what you want to see in the future.

It’s been a pleasure,

RMC Staff.

Stats and References

Unique participants : 82
Number of tournaments: 10 + 3
Number of matches: 270
Total cash prizes: $1282.00

-RMC NA#1 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC EU#1 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC 1st Editions Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09-7wBvV2

-RMC NA#2 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC EU#2 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC 2nd Editions Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7IpHDVznw&feature=youtu.be

-RMC NA#3 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC EU#3 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC 3rd Editions Highlights : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeTiPOIQyvQ

-RMC NA#4 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-CR2 AU : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-CR2 JP : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-CR2 2v2 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC EU#4 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

-RMC NA#5 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays Prizepool

-RMC EU#5 : Final Bracket - VOD - Replays - Prizepool

Official RMC youtube channel :  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt3JBOnzAk4WD1dgnHGOvJQ
Official RMC challonge organization : http://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/

Detailed prizepool stats: RMC prizepool Spreadsheet

Thanks

RMC has always been a community-driven effort, which means that we owe everything to you, the fans and players who give up their hard earned time and money to spend improving aspects of the game and its community, purely out of fun and good competition.

Thank you to all the the volunteer staff, streamers, donators, and players who made these events possible.

Current and Former Staff:
FR.gif.130f23977e68275e52ebbff39be474bb.gifRamagan (Head Admin, Tournament Admin, Server Admin) – joined 01.11.2017
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifDazedSpartan (Head Admin, Tournament Admin, Public Relations)  – joined 01.11.2017
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifbitstream (Tournament Admin) – joined 20.02.2018
FR.gif.130f23977e68275e52ebbff39be474bb.gifGoulox (Public Relations) – joined 05.12.2017

TR.gif.c42b85edd74201fad79f11708a6a7c3a.gifZuluu (VODs) - joined 20.02.2018
image.png.b1736651b3265b635724f4817f161ed3.pngNacho (Public Relations) – joined 21.05.2018

US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.giflolograde (Highlights Movies) – joined 01.11.2017
DE.gif.36cf1064aee8fbc8835dda08ecfb71b8.gifcupcake (Highlights Movies) – joined 01.11.2017
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.giferad (Tournament Admin) - joined 25.11.2017
NZ.gif.1803c2a19d67f56b770f619750f2a5b8.gifcat_smoker (Highlights Movies) – joined 09.01.2018

RMC Event Broadcasters:
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifDelementary (RMC NA#1, RMC NA#2, RMC NA#3)
image.png.b1736651b3265b635724f4817f161ed3.pngGMT (RMC EU#1)
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifTyronesama (RMC EU#2, RMC EU#3)
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifDazedSpartan (RMC NA#2, RMC EU#2, RMC NA#3, RMC EU#3, RMC NA#4, RMC NA#5)

DE.gif.36cf1064aee8fbc8835dda08ecfb71b8.gifdefTV (RMC NA#4, CR2 2v2 Cup, RMC EU#4, RMC EU#5)
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifPan1c(RMC NA#4)
NZ.gif.1803c2a19d67f56b770f619750f2a5b8.gifPhylum (CR2 AU Cup)
NZ.gif.1803c2a19d67f56b770f619750f2a5b8.gifkenneth (CR2 AU Cup)
TR.gif.c42b85edd74201fad79f11708a6a7c3a.gifZuluu (CR2 JP Cup)
US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gifXytaglyph (RMC NA#5) 

Special Thanks:
NZ.gif.1803c2a19d67f56b770f619750f2a5b8.gifs.i for creating the original RMC logo

Reflex developer NZ.gif.1803c2a19d67f56b770f619750f2a5b8.gifYasashii for creating the RMC Shovel melee prize https://imgur.com/a/1aW8c

Custom Ruleset 2

Custom Ruleset 2 was developed through RMC and community effort, and the final product has become the standard for competitive play. Thank you to all who assisted in the testing and feedback process.
The ruleset will always remain available here : 

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/custom-ruleset/custom_ruleset2/master/ruleset_CR2.cfg

Installing custom ruleset 2 on your server:
- Download the CR2 Config file : Link
- Place the config file in the folder where Reflex is installed
- Use the command "callvote ruleset CR2" to apply the ruleset
- You can use the command "sv_startruleset CR2" in your dedicatedserver.cfg to automatically load the ruleset

Thank again to everyone who played a part it making this happen, we hope to see you all for RMC NA#6 on June 17th !

Reflex Monthly Cup NA#6 Results

Congratulations to Sharq for taking home the shovel and big thanks to all those who took part.
Thank you to everyone who came to watch, to the players, and to the Reflex Monthly Cups staff for another great tournament.
Special thanks to def for streaming and soh for casting.

This was the last planned RMC for the foreseeable future but it's good to see other community-driven tournaments & competitions have started up and can continue to make Reflex fun for players, mappers, spectators, casters and anyone else in between.

icon_cup_gold : US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gif Sharqosity

icon_cup_silver : US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gif Pomakik

icon_cup_bronze : US.gif.4ba13856587d641a1e9ab047813db8e7.gif ImRandyBaby

Final Bracket : https://reflexmonthlycups.challonge.com/RMCNA6

Complete Broadcast : https://youtu.be/VtNijslpcKM

Replays : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5nm27yih58dyaz/RMCNA6_replays.zip?dl=0

Payouts : https://matcherino.com/tournaments/10957/payouts

Thanks again to everyone who played a part it making this happen, it's been a great ride.