Sign in to follow this  
Xytaglyph

Interest in an NA CTF Tournament?

Are you interested in playing in an NA Reflex CTF Tournament?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. NA Reflex CTF Tournament?

• Yes, and I am NA.
    • Yes, but I am EU and ping well to NA East.
    • Yes, but I am EU and do not ping well to NA East.

Is anyone interested in competing in an NA Reflex CTF Tournament?
I'm very interested in putting one on but we I feel we need at least 4 teams of 4 people (16 total) committed to playing in it.

I'm also planning to put some of my own money into a prize pool and accepting donations as well to further incentivize participation.
I am HOPING to be able to put up about $100 USD and I know of one other person who is also willing to put in $100 USD, so the prize pool should have a fairly sizable boost right off the bat.

I would like to limit the tournament to individuals who reside in NA (US, Canada, Mexico) to ensure all matches can be played without ping issues, but if it becomes apparent that we are very close to reaching the goal of 4 teams of 4, then I may decide to allow some.

We can have people sign up individually and then try to set up the teams based on estimated skill to keep things interesting. I would prefer that we don't have too many good players on the same team with each other and so myself, hoyt, messik, etc. wont be playing on the same team to ensure that one team doesn't just steam roll everyone else.

If you're interested in this, please leave a comment and reply to the poll.
If I get enough responses/interest we will take the process further and actually try to figure out what dates work for people etc...

TL;DR:
NA CTF Tourney (maybe), need 16 people (preferably only NA), will be prize pool, teams or individuals okay, don't worry about skill

Tenative Map Pool Idea:
Monolith, Sky Temples, Spider Crossing, Camper Crossing, Future Crossing

1 hour ago, Ethan Lovin said:

There are a bunch of really good CTF maps on the workshop, so all we need are some players.

There are the 2 stable ones that were played back then and irish ported 2 maps that need testing. Think it's a bit silly to throw 200 bucks before we have 3+ stable maps.

People thought camper crossings would do well back then but it felt kinda odd in Reflex. (So every team banned it)

9 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

There are the 2 stable ones that were played back then and irish ported 2 maps that need testing. Think it's a bit silly to throw 200 bucks before we have 3+ stable maps.

People thought camper crossings would do well back then but it felt kinda odd in Reflex. (So every team banned it)

I don't think we should throw money at it a first at all. If we can get at least 2 teams of people that want to play regularly, I'm sure there will be more people that will want to join once they know that they could have people to play for sure.

2 minutes ago, LaraCroft said:

could be fun, randomized teams just to have games instead of stacked competition?

probably not random per se, but me and the other admins will probably seed the teams to make them as even as possible, or something to that effect
but we will definitely try to minimize team stacking, the main objective is for everyone to have fun and close matches

Just a suggestion: How about a draft tournament instead? Less likely that one supergroup will form to rule them all. 

Four players are chosen as captains. They play a FFA on Fusion (or something) to determine who gets first pick, second, third, and fourth of the other signups.