Sign in to follow this  
shooter

Reflex 1.2.0beta

1 hour ago, Smilecythe said:

LOL, didn't answer the other half of my question though.

For what it's worth, here are the movement related variables from expplus (not sure if they're the same in 1.2 or not...):

expplus_gconst_double_jump_velocity
expplus_gconst_jump_velocity
expplus_gconst_playerinair_acceleration
expplus_gconst_playerinair_aircontrol
expplus_gconst_playerinair_bunny_accelerate
expplus_gconst_playerinair_bunny_wishspeed
expplus_gconst_playerinair_decceleration
expplus_gconst_playerinaircrouched_acceleration
expplus_gconst_playeronground_acceleration
expplus_gconst_playeronground_friction
expplus_gconst_playeronground_speed
expplus_gconst_playerongroundcrouched_speed
expplus_gconst_wallclipping
expplus_gconst_world_gravity

I'm not an expert with this stuff, but I would guess the answer to your question is yes (to a certain extent).

Edited by lolograde

Aloha!

I'm playing Reflex since 2016 and after update 1.2.0beta I have half fun :/

1. I used custom (quake) sounds and now i cant change it. Pls add more than one sound pack in game or just give custom jump sounds.

2. I missing r_lm_clear

For all other changes i give image.png.24ac23929e8318e1ba1b0ac9ae08a286.png

Catalyst just needs a new artpass (no reflective foors, less grids on walls, less darkness/improved lighting) and it will be fine. r_lm_clear was only needed on badly lit maps. I'm happy it got removed from the game.

But the new DP4 looks a bit too simple for my taste.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:52 AM, Yasashii said:

Custom sounds are busted atm, its not intentional and will be fixed.

Mega and armour sounds should have been the only ones locked off.

It appears that 11 months is not enough to test a main feature of an update, not even mentionning the broken ruleset configurations.

Regarding the so called Purity checks / sv_pure that you implemented (which isn't even working right now) :

On 3/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, shooter said:

Ultimately, we want Reflex to be a fair environment to compete in, but we need to be careful to not to remove what makes Reflex unique.

So you're pretending that forcing armor pickup sounds and mega expire sound is enough?

How hard is it to see what you can do with lua and modified assets?
How about you stop making pathetic miniscule changes and implement real meaningful updates?

You can't have it both ways, a good competitive environnment and shitload of customization where all the game's assets can be modified (which is literally the case right now, just replace any file in the .paks and the game will load them, +all the things you can do with lua)

TV6q4kA.gif

On 3/8/2017 at 6:13 AM, Yasashii said:

Season 1:

Along with the launch we will be officially starting Reflex Arena's competitive Season 1. The Season will last 3 months and comes complete with leaderboards and downloadable replays: Available here

3months=12months? (Just kidding, you still haven't closed the season)

But thankfully, we have new cosmectics so all of the above can be forgotten :).

8 minutes ago, LKO-,- said:

Nice save rama, totally not you

What has rama got to do with any of the stuff I mentioned ? When I click my profile, I see that I created my account on May 4, 2017, what has this got to do with rama? why don't you respond to the points I made and contribute to the discussion on the update instead of posting these childish messages?

I totally agree with asdio. Who needs shitty skins? You think that only skins and cases made CS: GO and Dota 2 popular? It is such an idiotic idea: THERE IS NO PLAYERS, WHO WILL BE BUYING YOUR SKINS??? Why just not implement and fix old shit like player collisions or sometimes missing animation\sound? Why not make game user-friendly? Why not make free weekend? I'm not mentioning really stupid decision to force players using default armor\mega sounds, EVERYONE can change them to what they want, thats why it is not unfair to other players.

tl;dr; Update is totally useless. No really important game features was added, game is dead at the moment. Quake Live is more alive than Reflex, and this is sad.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, lolograde said:

For what it's worth, here are the movement related variables from expplus (not sure if they're the same in 1.2 or not...):

expplus_gconst_double_jump_velocity
expplus_gconst_jump_velocity
expplus_gconst_playerinair_acceleration
expplus_gconst_playerinair_aircontrol
expplus_gconst_playerinair_bunny_accelerate
expplus_gconst_playerinair_bunny_wishspeed
expplus_gconst_playerinair_decceleration
expplus_gconst_playerinaircrouched_acceleration
expplus_gconst_playeronground_acceleration
expplus_gconst_playeronground_friction
expplus_gconst_playeronground_speed
expplus_gconst_playerongroundcrouched_speed
expplus_gconst_wallclipping
expplus_gconst_world_gravity

I'm not an expert with this stuff, but I would guess the answer to your question is yes (to a certain extent).

Wouldn't there happen to be a variable "gconst_playerinair_wishspeed" as well? Because from what I can tell, you can't make QW physics without it. However you can "VQ3" it with just changing these from default:

• gconst_playerinair_aircontrol 0
  • gconst_playerinair_bunny_accelerate 0.95
  • gconst_playerinair_bunny_wishspeed 320