This thread is dedicated to suggestions for new gconst_ variables now that custom rulesets are available for everyone.

shooter has told a new gconst for item timers is already coming in next patch so no need to include that one here.

I'll start with a list of my own suggestions and what I've gathered from other people:

• Timelimit setting for each mode (applied when sv_timelimit_override is -1)
    • Having this would help a lot with 2v2 modes since the timelimit defaults to 10 minutes instead of 15 without sv_timelimit_override.
    • 1.2.0 added gconst_default_game_timelimit which is applied to all modes when sv_timelimit_override is -1
  • Setting for Carnage drop on death, separate for each mode
    • Some modes have this while some doesn't, why not have a variable for it then?
    • 1.2.0 added gconst_powerups_drop which is applied to all modes
  • (self-)knockback multiplier for projectile weapons during Carnage
    • Plasma jumping with Carnage seems to offer a huge jump distance with a very low cost of health, and this could be adjusted with this gconst. 
  • Weapon switching time variables for each weapon, one variable to control how long does it take to take out the weapon and one for putting the weapon away
    • This would make it possible to implement CPM-like weapon switching system where weapon switching speed is instantaneous between every weapon except when switching from melee and starter weapon to any other weapon.
Edited by GoaLitiuM

A variable for player re spawn time would be great, both the amount of time you have to wait before you can spawn and the amount of time you can delay a re spawn would be very nice to edit. Second thing I would like to see is a true option for making burst rifle/other guns projectile or hit scan. Third thing I would like, though it's a bit harder to explain and implement, is the ability to change spawn system %, making spawns either completely random or 100% will spawn somewhere if you kill someone/stand somewhere. A weapon stay function would be fun to play around with but it's probably not really worth the effort to implement, same thing with player model size.

Edit: forgot to say a grenade launcher fuse time option would be AMAZING for balancing the GL to be less annoying.

Edit 2: Armor values would be cool too, for how much armor you get from picking an armor up and how  much it protects you would be cool.

55 minutes ago, Messik said:

A variable for player re spawn time would be great, both the amount of time you have to wait before you can spawn and the amount of time you can delay a re spawn would be very nice to edit.

I really don't see any use for this one.

Second thing I would like to see is a true option for making burst rifle/other guns projectile or hit scan.

I think this one would change the weapons too much, but maybe if only burst gun had this option since the community is really split on how it should function (I could see sushi ruleset opting in for a hitscan burst with low spread).

Third thing I would like, though it's a bit harder to explain and implement, is the ability to change spawn system %, making spawns either completely random or 100% will spawn somewhere if you kill someone/stand somewhere.

Definitely yes.

A weapon stay function would be fun to play around with but it's probably not really worth the effort to implement, same thing with player model size.

Yes for weapon stay, but big no for play model size because it would be too big of a change to the base gameplay.

Edit: forgot to say a grenade launcher fuse time option would be AMAZING for balancing the GL to be less annoying.

I'd like to see this option but when it comes to current balance of competitive ruleset, this should be left untouched since it would make GL feel way different from GLs in other games.

12 minutes ago, Sharqosity said:

weapon respawn time (although this should probably be map specific and not ruleset specific)

Yes

10 minutes ago, pomakik said:

adding the ability to make stake a starting weapon, dunno if thats possible with a gconst

These ones as well should be considered, and for weapon respawn times these should be tied to the game mode like how the respawn times are already different between 1v1 and 2v2 modes.

Edited by GoaLitiuM

Also let me add this: any changes what casual and competitive rulesets are doing to the modes should be added into gconst_ since there are no ways to change these aspects with current set of gconst variables (like Carnage drop, timelimits, timers).

All Reflex distributions should have a ruleset_sandbox.cfg included in the root folder, so that each server can actually tweak the gconst in console without having to manually make a file there.

Currently gconst_playeronground_speed actually dictates both ground and air speed. Should split it off into gconst_playerinair_speed in order to implement QW physics.

Additional variable like gconst_playerongroundcrouched_friction and gconst_playerongroundcrouched_acceleration allows pseudo-Q4 crouchslide to be added.

Would be nice to have gconst_mega_decay, gconst_armor_decay, gconst_armor_overstack, gconst_armor100_dmgreduction, gconst_armor150_dmgreduction, gconst_armor50_dmgreduction.

A pretty far-fetched idea, but if somehow there's a possibility of per-player rulesets...?

I don't know much about all of this, but an option to change how long it takes for armors/mega to respawn would be chill. Q3tourney4 had like a 2 minute respawn on mega and I'm sure there are some other neato maps that use it.

3 hours ago, GoaLitiuM said:
3 hours ago, Messik said:

A variable for player re spawn time would be great, both the amount of time you have to wait before you can spawn and the amount of time you can delay a re spawn would be very nice to edit.

Well if its there im sure people would throw stuff at the wall to make use of it. CTF <x> sec respawn etc

22 hours ago, GoaLitiuM said:

It would make spawn fragging not super easy like it is right now, also being able to spawn faster would make speeding up the game easier because you could rush off spawn a lot easier.

I wish "gconst_playeronground_speed" didn't intervene with air movement. So in other words, kill the bind between ground and air variables first. Then add the following cvars:

• gconst_playerinair_wishspeed (to be 320 by default)
  • gconst_playerinaircrouched_wishspeed (to be 120 by default)

And other possibly handy cvars:

• gconst_double_jump_expiration (the time window during which the double jump has to be executed)
  • gconst_wallclipping_expiration (the time window during which you have to have cleared away from the obsacle)
  • gconst_stepheight (to be 18 by default)
  • gconst_stepup (the stepup behavior used in stair jumps - 0 disabled / 1 enabled)
  • gconst_crouchhop (enable jumping while holding crouch - 0 disabled / 1 enabled)
  • gconst_autohop (enable jumping without releasing jump key - 0 disabled / 1 enabled)

It would also be really nice, if air control and bunnyhop were not locked to W/S and A/D keys exclusively. There would be more freedom if the cvars were arranged as follows:

• gconst_aircontrol_straight (the only supported aircontrol direction atm)
  • gconst_aircontrol_sideways
  • gconst_aircontrol_strafe

And the same logic for bunnyhop (note that 2 cvars each are required):

• gconst_bunnyhop_straight_accelerate
  • gconst_bunnyhop_straight_wishspeed
  • gconst_bunnyhop_sideways_accelerate (the only supported bunnyhop direction atm)
  • gconst_bunnyhop_sideways_wishspeed (the only supported bunnyhop direction atm)
  • gconst_bunnyhop_strafe_accelerate
  • gconst_bunnyhop_strafe_wishspeed

Also, a simple cvar to disable bunnyhop variables, so you don't have to play with all of these variables in order to replicate vQ3 or QW movement for example:

• gconst_bunnyhop (0 disabled / 1 enabled)

• Burst Gun has no gconst command for trace radius.
  • Melee has a combined trace radius
  • Stake has a combined trace radius

It would be nice to have one for world and one for entities on all weapons.

I haven't tested turning off sparks after the patch but I am pretty sure Burst Gun is still the only thing that will show sparks if you disable them. Pretty annoying when you think you have finally been able to remove sparks but there is a single source remaining that you can't do anything about.

gsconst_(variable for each weapon ofc)wait for weapon reload 0

What this will do is allow you switch to another weapon after shooting before the reload is finished(sry for the orginal missword here)

Not sure if its possible, but please make it so you can only switch once after shooting when using gconst_(variable for each weapon ofc)wait for weapon reload 0. Otherwise people will find ways to massively abuse it with scroll wheel etc.

Edited by F4ster
miswording