lolograde

Let's build a campfire and imagine a Reflex 1.3 changelog together...

First, some low-hanging fruit:

• In-game replay browser. Lists all replays and subfolders within the /replays/ folder. When a replay is selected, it displays map, players, mode, timelimit, and other details in a preview pane. Click "PLAY" button to play.
  • Official race mode leaderboards. Tweak the existing Steam tables so that custom rulesets and mutators are recorded separately. The steam table updates each time a player achieves a personal best time (i.e., you do not need to wait until the round ends to update the time). Also, if you reload the map later, it'll show your personal best on the personal records list widget.

Some movement/race related stuff:

• Adjustable speed when in map editor or replay editor (editing mode). Set your player speed when you're editing. Faster to get across maps quicker or slower for more precise detailed work.
  • Materials that affect movement. Ice (slick, no friction), tar (sticky, extra high friction, can't jump if you land on it, only walk over it)
  • Metas that affect movement. Low gravity within meta volume, one-way collisions (can move out of meta volume but not back in), etc.
  • Checkpoints. A new meta volume that acts as a checkpoint in race mode.

Audio/Visual stuff:

• Liquids, rain, snow, and smoke. Make lava, water, and slime look more like liquids (moving/undulating slowly). Rain, snow, and smoke materials/effects.
  • Better sound engine configuration. Tweak existing sounds so spatial awareness is easier.
  • New shaders/effects in drops. New race trails, IC beams, BR bolt trails, RL smoke trails, GL smoke trails, different types of explosions/gibs, etc.
  • New materials. Keeping with the minimalist look, add some new materials that have subtle bump/specular-mapping (like devgray has). Geometric patterns or materials that looks damaged/distressed. 

Pip-dream stuff:

• Greater functionality for addons. Mods, custom weapon models,  game mode scripting, etc.
  • Fully modeled stakegun!
  • Expanded draw distance.
  • Triggers & movers.
  • Export sound when using re_export.
  • More camera interpolation options in replay editor.
  • Chat tokens. For example,#NearestTeammate would display the name of the nearest teammate to whoever used the token. Others might be, #NearestEnemy, #NearestItem, #CurrentHealth, #CurrentArmor, etc..
  • Match Timeout/in.

I'm sure everyone can think of something they'd like to see in the 1.3 changelog...

Edited by lolograde

What criterias of chose this list items? IMHO doesn't matter how good game if here no players, so increase player count is major. To get old afps funs (very restricted count) ur list seems good but here almost nothing that will bring and hold newcomers. Devs seems has almost no time and willing to work on reflex, so propositions should be most radical and easy to implement for grow online and show devs that the project is still actual. 
Something like this:

1.  Select for who next update will be
    1. kind of players like totally new, current reflex auditory, afps players at all
    2. for fun or for casual playing witch may means like prior to many different player mode or some singe, better tutorial or something like aim trainer mode...
    3. what's major atm - amount or activity
  2. Imagine use cases: what will they like and what not
  3. Select just few but most influencing features to implement

I'm personally (without much thinking of above) would like what left after matches, like some advanced stats, that can show ur progress, best (and worst) moments demo generator like in CS:GO. Also embedded voice talking. Here no that structure as lolograde did cuz my message not about actually features, first of all need to decide way of thinking.

• Spawn point holograms shown during warmup phase
  • Disallow spectators to vote in ongoing callvotes
  • Resolution scaling option (I like smooth edges)

Some stuff I've wished before + from others as well: 

1 hour ago, Furioness said:

What criterias of chose this list items? IMHO doesn't matter how good game if here no players, so increase player count is major. To get old afps funs (very restricted count) ur list seems good but here almost nothing that will bring and hold newcomers.

Eh, my list is only for things I'd like to see. Not really trying to think of ways to make Reflex more like Fortnite...

i agree to pretty much any point of @lologrades list and @GoaLitiuMs suggestions but i also agree with @Furioness , this is obviously a whole lot of work. however, most of the players that stopped playing rather complain about the lack of players than functionality, or am i wrong?

addressing the size of the playerbase is one thing requiring determined attention, and updates such as optimisation, enhancement, refinement, polishing, bugfixes, etc is another.

i haven't heard any devs' opinions or plans recently, but i hope the game receives more attention!

one thing i'd like to see fixed right away is this map editor bug:

reflex_me_rounding%20bug.gif?raw=1

this randomly happens with straight brushes, no diagonals, no vertices edited... really annoying!

2 minutes ago, Greed said:

this randomly happens with straight brushes, no diagonals, no vertices edited... really annoying!

Weird... I've seen that with cloned brushes but never a brush I just placed.

This would be more of a 1.2.1, but the devs need to some maintenance on the game with the framework they already have in place.

- Push Rama Ruleset 2 as the official ruleset

- Update the matchmaking map pool and testing grounds map pool

- Add some skins from the workshop, maybe to a new crate

They've added all these systems in place, why not use them?

• Fix the rankings page of MM.
  • Remove every players from rankings calculation that have their last results older than 100d (or 6 months for example). This is pointless to keep the rankings with these inactive accounts.
  • Display the number of players who are currently queued for a each game mode in mm.