Linden

Dedicated Server Hosting

Just now, spessu_sb said:

Stupid question.. Where in the swiftnode userpanel are the replays stored to? I dont find any "replays" folder from he main reflex dir or where they are on my actual PC. I thought swiftnode don't store replays because of the size. Does it store them for every server?

If I'm not mistaken the reflex server won't store them at all until you create the directory required. And autorecord is still intentionally broken to avoid huge directories.

But once you create the directory the server will store any replays you start manually. I'll add that into the article here in a bit as it's something I did not think to cover.

2 minutes ago, Linden said:

If I'm not mistaken the reflex server won't store them at all until you create the directory required. And autorecord is still intentionally broken to avoid huge directories.

But once you create the directory the server will store any replays you start manually. I'll add that into the article here in a bit as it's something I did not think to cover.

Ok so now I added a new folder called "replays" (without the quotations ofc) into main window of what File Manager brings and now I'm supposed to have fights stored like normally? Awesome :D

22 minutes ago, Linden said:

I'm enjoying my swiftnode.net server! I made sure to put the website in my server name for some free advertising! Thanks a bunch!

Do you happen to know the commands to start recording a demo? I've created the folder on the web client but unsure how to begin recording a demo.

17 minutes ago, netglow said:

I'm enjoying my swiftnode.net server! I made sure to put the website in my server name for some free advertising! Thanks a bunch!

Do you happen to know the commands to start recording a demo? I've created the folder on the web client but unsure how to begin recording a demo.

Im wondering this same but the way it works on my listen server, is just that every timed match will be auto recorded. I was kinda hoping for confirmation to my setting up from Linden but I guess it'll hopefully work as I think.

Soon we'll find out anyways since we're about to (roughly in ~20mins) going to duel on my [EU] spessu_sb's server to find out if it does record or not and to have a good time :)

49 minutes ago, spessu_sb said:
10 minutes ago, spessu_sb said:

Im wondering this same but the way it works on my listen server, is just that every timed match will be auto recorded. I was kinda hoping for confirmation to my setting up from Linden but I guess it'll hopefully work as I think.

Soon we'll find out anyways since we're about to (roughly in ~20mins) going to duel on my [EU] spessu_sb's server to find out if it does record or not and to have a good time :)

Ok so now I added a new folder called "replays" (without the quotations ofc) into main window of what File Manager brings and now I'm supposed to have fights stored like normally? Awesome :D

Set sv_autorecord 1 and when players ready up it will automatically record if the /replays/ directory exists.

2 hours ago, Linden said:

Set sv_autorecord 1 and when players ready up it will automatically record if the /replays/ directory exists.

Thank you very much, your guidance has worked and I can now successfully record demos. :P

On 1.1.2016 at 7:36 PM, Linden said:

Had someone submit a ticket regarding replays being served over HTTP. This has been possible for a while but I am not sure if we documented it here. We wrote up a short knowledge base article about it.

http://clients.swiftnode.net/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=8

I'd appreciate it if server owners made use of this feature and either messaged me with the download links or posted them in this thread (like @Ramagan did):

Thanks in advance and thanks to @Linden for enabling the feature!

I just pushed out an update to fix some of our servers not appearing on the master list, please note this is quite a big change so if you have any issues with your server not starting or showing incorrect server names please submit a ticket by emailing support [AT] swiftnode.net.

9 hours ago, DraQu said:

Any possibility of servers in Germany?

Since I've asked Linden the same question (again) yesterday, here's a snippet from our Discord conversation:

11:15 PM MnstH said: any news regarding a .de location?
11:16 PM Linden said: probably not anytime soon

Fixed an underlying issue with WMIC and Interactive Services that was preventing the web console from not appearing for 1-2% of users randomly. (Thanks @FlabCaptain)

Fixed an issue with the Artificial Rcon client not responding to commands sent, resulting in the process hanging open.

On 6/9/2016 at 10:29 AM, Grybzt said:

Will paypal be the only payment method? I would love to see Visa being accepted too. I don't like paypal at all :(

@Linden

Sorry for my delayed reply, you can pay via paypal with a Visa card. You don't have to have a paypal account to use paypal.