Sign in to follow this  
Addictus

Lights adding prevent the re-use of ligntning build

Hi,

All is fine with my ligntning build and I can play with it on my map when I want. But since I put some "structural/industrial/lights/light_wall_sml/light_wall_sml" on it and I build lightning, the process work and I can play but I can't re-use the .light because it's invalid. I saw this lights added enlight (a bit), through some block, the passage behind (!).

Sorry for my poor english and thanks to see what you can do.

Best regards

Light leaks shouldn't invalidate your lightmap.  Lights that you've added leaking through walls isn't a big deal.  It will look like crap but it's still within the realm of a good lightmap.  It should still build correctly so that's not the issue.  If those small wall lights are somehow contributing to the .light file becoming corrupted that would be something for developers to look into.  I've had random issues of my lightmap not being there the next time I open up my map.  Wondering if my use of round ceiling lights has anything to do with that. 

I can build my lightmap just fine so lightprobes are working great.  It just doesn't get used sometimes upon next startup which forces me to rebuild the lightmap every morning.  The last thing I do at night is build my lightmap, save the map, and shut down the computer.  The next morning the lightmap isn't there sometimes and I have to do it again.  Today for some reason it actually loaded up first thing in the morning just fine.  I can't explain the randomness.

I'm assuming that's what you are talking about with your .light file?  Does your lightmap work properly without any banding or improperly lit brush faces?

Does your lightmap work properly without any banding or improperly lit brush faces?

Yes, and I manage to keep a correct .light with some changements of lights positions this night (Yeah!).