shedd

shddm1 - A fast-paced advanced duel map

Hey there!

I'm new to mapping in general but thought I'd try it for Reflex. So far I'm really enjoying it!

This is a map that I've made in about a week and a half or so... I've done some testing with friends and it's a lot of fun!

b1%20-%20yellow.png       b1%20-%20red.png

These pictures are of course with the light map built already.

Known issues:

- Mega can only be reached through advanced movement (circle/strafe/teleport jump)

- Rocket splash goes through green and mega platforms

- Overall, players that are not adept at double jumps are at a severe disadvantage

Items:

- One Quad

- Two Rocket Launchers

- One each of the rest of the weapons (sans burst gun)

- One each of the armors

- Thirteen Shards

- One Mega

- Two 50 Healths

- Six 25 Healths

- Eight 5 Healths

Feel free to provide feedback, both positive and negative!

(UPDATE 1/21/2015)

shddm1b2

Added another platform near mega and moved quad pillar closer to purple ledge;

This now means mega is reachable without advanced movement.

Also updated some of the lighting.

Known issues:

- Mega can only be reached through advanced movement (circle/strafe/teleport jump)

- Overall, players that are not adept at double jumps are at a severe disadvantage

Are these issues, really?

Will try to map, seems good. Although I haven't played yet only one RL seems kind of a flaw. RL control is really important in every map and it's usually the first weapon you try to get. Having only one seems problematic, but I'll see how the map feels.

Known issues:

Are these issues, really?

Will try to map, seems good. Although I haven't played yet only one RL seems kind of a flaw. RL control is really important in every map and it's usually the first weapon you try to get. Having only one seems problematic, but I'll see how the map feels.

I've tested the map offline, and yeah, mega is quite hard to reach and the advanced movement to reach it isnt really the problem, the problem is that it breaks the flow to do that movement. Also, I'm not a fan of the "double boxes to double jump", you should remove most of them and try to make better blocks to double jump on.

I've tested the map offline, and yeah, mega is quite hard to reach and the advanced movement to reach it isnt really the problem, the problem is that it breaks the flow to do that movement. Also, I'm not a fan of the "double boxes to double jump", you should remove most of them and try to make better blocks to double jump on.

You can jump to MH by doing a double jump from the tele below. Don't see how that breaks any flow.

This double jump is not that easy. You can do it like 6/10 or 7/10 times ?

10/10 times. The telejump is really easy, doesn't even require circlejumping.

edit: just tested again for the sake of the argument. It's just a doublejump from teleporter in a straight line. Not very advanced movement I would say.

I can assure it to you, for ppl coming from games which aren't Arena Fps, this jump isn't that easy. And I don't see why people with less movement skills should be penalized with a jump like that to take items (Straight line isnt working completly, you have to move you mouse in a little circle movement to increase your speed while in the air). Moreover, you should be able to get MH from 2 different spots, the teleporter jump/circle jump is from the same spot.