Sign in to follow this  
ddd

28.4 Locking mouse buttons

What happens to me when I try to rocket jump is the mouse1 gets eaten by my mouse2 (jump) input, and it doesn't fire.  they have also gotten stuck on me as described above too.

cl_input_subframe 1

Steel Series Sensi RAW @ 1000hz

I tried for about 15 minutes and can't reproduce it :S

I did:

bind mouse1 say hi

bind mouse2 say lo

bind space say aa

would clear with space, then push mouse1&2 at same time, to try and get more than just a "hi" & "lo"... also tried holding mouse2 and releasing & pushing mouse1 at exactly same time, still can't get it.

tried the jump & fire as-well and couldn't get it.

any further suggestions on how to repro?

Cheers

I don't know... just play a lot ;)

I have a Logitech G400 @ 1000Hz, Win7 64bit

Another strange issue regarding input is that sometimes I get a VERY fast weapon switching cycle (switching over and over without end until I press a weapon switch button manually). I have a feeling that it is connected to the mousewheel, but I'm not sure about that. 

No one has said if this is done both on locally played maps, online, or both.  Connection might have an affect on when keypresses are transmitted/received.  Map size and map optimizations can have an affect on this too.  The better a map performs the better the connection is.  You could probably expect this issue to happen more frequently on poorly designed and poorly optimized maps.  So reporting what server you were on and what map you were playing might help track down this issue just a little faster.

This has happened to me many many times during the course of development of my map in online servers but doesn't happen as often when I work on the map locally.  I mean any little issue with the game is magnified when you play on a massive map.  It's magnified big time.  

This will happen for any input key both movement or mouse.  You can get stuck running in any direction, stuck firing, stuck jumping.  Sometimes when I get a lag spike for example one of my movement keys will get stuck and I'll just run into a wall sideways and get stuck running sideways.  Then if I quickly press all of my movement keys again it will get unstuck.  I don't think this is specifically a mouse issue at least not for me.  This sounds more like a netcode issue that is manifesting itself as an input issue.

However I haven't had this issue since the 28.3 update when engine optimizations allowed me to play the game much smoother locally.  I actually haven't even played the game remotely so that probably has something to do with it.  I spend all my time since 28.3 in the editor locally.  Prior to 28.3 I would still get stuck inputs even locally, not anymore.  28.3 has been awesome not to get stuck inputs anymore locally.  I have a logitech M500.

Okay, just happened again:

• I was on the lowest ping server available (Turbo pixel EU)
  • mouse1 started auto firing (probably on a mouse1 press, with other button presses)
  • keyboard input did not stop the firing (but worked normally)
  • other buttons/wheel on the mouse did not stop the firing (but worked normally)
  • only pressing mouse1 stopped the auto fire.

I have the new input system enabled. Might try switching it off, to see if it helps.

Only the trigger event that caused the stuck key like symptom can be undone using the same input.  Doesn't matter if it's a keyboard or mouse input.  Always has to be undone from the identical input that triggered it.  For everyone that has reported this type of event please list if you use multiple monitors.  I think it's multiple monitor related combined with a lag spike that forces the mouse to unfocus from the screen and swing to another monitor temporarily.  This can happen both in windowed and fullscreen mode.  It's not fully fixed yet.

Only way to prevent the event from continually firing is to first ensure that Reflex window is in focus (active window).  Then use the identical input to stop it.  If your mouse is continually firing then you have to click on your attack key to unstick it.  If you get stuck moving left continually then you have to tap on your left movement key to get it unstuck... and so on.  Treat it in the same fashion that you would a mechanically stuck key or mouse button.

Developers did make an improvement towards fixing this issue in 28.3 but it's still rearing its ugly head in 29 apparently.