Sign in to follow this  
Dinjoralo

Individual X/Y mouse sensitivity?

I was wondering if there could be individual sliders for both horizontal and vertical mouse movement. Right now, it feels like the Y sensitivity is way lower than the X sensitivity, moreso than I would like it to be. 

afaik there will be mpitch and myaw settings to make X/Y axis more or less sensitive. sliders, i doubt it. still you should be able to work it out.

as for it being different right now, it doesnt seem to be like that to me. maybe your mouse drivers have a X/Y setting you edited and forgot about?

I was wondering if there could be individual sliders for both horizontal and vertical mouse movement. Right now, it feels like the Y sensitivity is way lower than the X sensitivity, moreso than I would like it to be. 

I was going to make my own thread about how after all this time and 100 hours something still feels off even though its silky smooth. Played Wickland, Dirty Bomb and Toxikk lately all Unreal Engine games which feel very bad compared to Quake/ Source engine, Basicly feels like the input is heavy on one side, one which i couldn't quite define until you mentioned X and Y.

I mostly notice in close combat and movements, anything where your moving more then 40 degrees or so maybe less if on Y axis.

What is this exactly? It pops up in my Quake Live CFG and CSGO! Im just really looking for whatever i can.

m_yaw                     "0.022"

m_pitch                   "0.022"

I cant find a raw input command in my CFG? was there one for reflex or was it default. What was this again? Thats all i could find amart from sensitivity cl_input_subframe 1

Anyway if i get some spare time to go on a Reflex and Quake fest this weekend i will make some recordings or give a better example but for now my best analogy is that im the terminator and going around blowing everything up, and theres a dam monkey swinging on the end of my weapon.

I, too, prefer higher mouse pitch multiplier than yaw. :D

I was going to make my own thread about how after all this time and 100 hours something still feels off even though its silky smooth. Played Wickland, Dirty Bomb and Toxikk lately all Unreal Engine games which feel very bad compared to Quake/ Source engine, Basicly feels like the input is heavy on one side, one which i couldn't quite define until you mentioned X and Y.

Maybe because of higher FOV?

btw, yaw and pitch are multipliers.

yaw is left-right movement; pitch is top-down.  if you increase these values, you increase the multiplier of the sens x dpi.

so the formula is (sens) x (dpi) x (0.022).  why 0.022 was chosen is beyond me 

Right now, pitch and yaw sensitivities should be identical. We'll expose multipliers for them when we do all the fancy mouse settings. Reflex only ever uses RAW input, there's not even an option to change it.

Will we be getting Mouse acceleration controls as well? :)

Right now, pitch and yaw sensitivities should be identical. We'll expose multipliers for them when we do all the fancy mouse settings. Reflex only ever uses RAW input, there's not even an option to change it.

But- but- Shooter promised me m_pitch on a Reflex server and said it would be easy to throw in!

I can wait, it's just annoying because it's really uncomfortable for me to move my hand up and down the mouse pad for whatever reason so I need a high enough pitch to just aim vertically with my fingers for the most part. So, right now I need a high enough m_speed to do that which gives me a little more yaw sensitivity than I want. But I can still hit what I need to, so for now it's okay. :)