Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Christmas Tree Group Building

Sorry about that newborn, fixed.  If I got anyone's name mixed up with the work they did let me know.  Not having name tags and seeing who was doing what got really confusing.  Agree with Aeon that name tags above players heads could have helped.

Ah didn't even think about visual plane issues but you're right.  It's a large open air arena so that would be an issue.  Great job on making the map in a way that everyone could come together Aeon.  There were no problems to my knowledge of griefing even among friends.  Everyone was on point because we knew there was limited time to do this.  Just wish we had more time to start working on actual gameplay like item placements.

I'll get it all added to the wiki.  All participants helped to create the first event in Reflex's history to be archived.  Still need to get Benz's mapping competition in there but that one is still in the judging process and not completed yet.  I would like to see this become an annual event.  Really excited for next year because we'll surely have more tools to work with and make everything look much better.

I think we need 1 more night to work on it so that it will be a playable FFA map.  Are you guys up for doing it again tonight?  I'd like to see it made into a playable state and released on ReflexFiles for people to play during the holidays.

The spiky black house was all my doing, BTW... not too much to be proud of, but fun since the plot was "vacant"... lava roofs will become all the rage I tell you. ;)

newborn,

I watch Gardening Australia regularly, so I have come to learn a lot about the country, through gardens. If you were living in Tasi (not sure how you spell that), you might be getting snow... if you are in the sub-tropics obviously not. Nice detail in your yard though. Ah, remember what is missing... the chucks :P 

I hope the map will be uploaded to ReflexFiles... not as a playable map obviously, more like a memento.

I made 2 categories, one for events and one for event images though I think that's a bit redundent.  It's better to have an events category to archive competitions and not just have a category for images.  I'll leave it up to you to figure out if an event images category is really needed.

Here's the first ever Reflex event entry. :)  Could definitely use some formatting love from Aeon.  No idea how to format that stuff to look better.

http://wiki.reflexfiles.com/index.php/2014_Christmas_Multiplayer_Mapping_Event

Looks pretty good already... I'll go in later and see what can be done. I was thinking of adding maybe a few of the screenshots I made.

We'll need to update newborns image too.

Update: Did a quick edit, linked a few names, and mentioned the event on the wiki front page.

Could the devs please upload the final version of the event map?

Thanks...

A link would be enough, I'd do a light compile... and upload the map to ReflexFiles with screenshots, and description etc.

I did include a screenshot of my house and yard.  Did you read the wiki entry?  I did write a screenshot blog of the event pretty much, yeah that's just what I do.

I even left in the message you put on my lawn.  Thought it was funny.  Plus there's the 4 hour video showing everything that was accomplished that night.  What else could you want?

Apparently the latest Reflex version 0.30.2... will be more lenient about MP mapping and joining while many changes happen on the server. So connecting to a server running an event like we did should now be less of a problem. That should help.