Sign in to follow this  
organic

First impressions and license

You eat for $19 a day? That's quite a meal.

I prefer to have (at least)two meals a day. Depending on where you live and what you buy I'm sure you can probably get by for substantially less but $10 for lunch and more for coffee and energy drinks etc. I think $19 is a reasonable estimate, your mileage may vary.

I prefer to have (at least)two meals a day. Depending on where you live and what you buy I'm sure you can probably get by for substantially less but $10 for lunch and more for coffee and energy drinks etc. I think $19 is a reasonable estimate, your mileage may vary.

Do you eat out every day?

The energy drinks probably make up the majority of that money, that crap is expensive. All water and tea here.

Do you eat out every day?

The energy drinks probably make up the majority of that money, that crap is expensive. All water and tea here.

Only when I'm working/studying, typical lunch for a day at uni is only like $6 though but working makes me hungry so $10-15 would be more normal for a work day, when I'm at home costs are much lower, but yeah, energy drinks do make up a lot of it I guess, even getting them in bulk from the supermarket they are still expensive.

We should create a meaningful dialogue that everyone can benefit from.

Excuse me, but I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Whatever, y'all just can't take criticism.  I hope that years from now you will all say "organic was right.  we shouldn't have focused on making a quick buck for the devleopers.  we should have allowed the game to thrive.  now I am stuck playing cs:go"

Holy shit.  He actually mentioned himself in the 3rd person.  That kind of self-importance is reserved for mentally unstable and delusional sycophants.  Congratulations you have won the "internet troll with a god complex award".  You seriously need to seek professional help. 

brian-regan.gif

Only when I'm working/studying, typical lunch for a day at uni is only like $6 though but working makes me hungry so $10-15 would be more normal for a work day, when I'm at home costs are much lower, but yeah, energy drinks do make up a lot of it I guess, even getting them in bulk from the supermarket they are still expensive.

The uni i'll go to next year has a diner which sells wraps for 2.50€. They are completely stuffed and easily make up for a meal. Also they only use fresh ingredients. I think i'll manage to get through the day with about 7.50€, maybe 5€.

Holy shit.  He actually mentioned himself in the 3rd person.  That kind of self-importance is reserved for mentally unstable and delusional sycophants.  Congratulations you have won the "internet troll with a god complex award".  You seriously need to seek professional help. 

brian-regan.gif

Owch.  Lots of ad hominems in this thread though.  Posts like these are very constructive toward the development of Reflex.  You should all be ashamed.

The uni i'll go to next year has a diner which sells wraps for 2.50€. They are completely stuffed and easily make up for a meal. Also they only use fresh ingredients. I think i'll manage to get through the day with about 7.50€, maybe 5€.

i remeber my visit in berlin and the food was really cheap

it was like 4,50€ for kebap, fries and 0.5l coke

Self entitled and self absorbed kid wants to play the game for free, source code for free.  Plus they should fork over their own money for tournaments and tshirts.  Please in what universe do free game developers create a free to play game and then have a 1/2 million dollar tournament.  That's seriously on a whole brand new level of self entitlement that I've never witnessed before.  Only a 14 year old kid would even think of suggesting something so asinine.   People laugh in your face and you're saying we should be ashamed?  You should be ashamed for even suggesting that the developers throw away years of their lives to slave away behind computer screens so you can have everything for free. 

giphy.gif

Self entitled and self absorbed kid wants to play the game for free, source code for free.  Plus they should fork over their own money for tournaments and tshirts.  Please in what universe do free game developers create a free to play game and then have a 1/2 million dollar tournament.  That's seriously on a whole brand new level of self entitlement that I've never witnessed before.  Only a 14 year old kid would even think of suggesting something so asinine.   People laugh in your face and you're saying we should be ashamed?  You should be ashamed for even suggesting that the developers throw away years of their lives to slave away behind computer screens so you can have everything for free. 

You clearly have bought into the scam of "intellectual property".  There are more honest ways of making money than using the force of the state to prevent people from sharing and collaborating on the web.

You clearly have bought into the scam of "intellectual property".  There are more honest ways of making money than using the force of the state to prevent people from sharing and collaborating on the web.

Like RMS's ideal of using the force of the state to force people to share and collaborate on the web? xD

Like RMS's ideal of using the force of the state to force people to share and collaborate on the web? xD

Actually, that's a misrepresentation.  They shouldn't be forced to share, they should be free to share.  The GPL is a way of nullifying unjust intellectual property laws and preventing injustice.

Actually, that's a misrepresentation.  They shouldn't be forced to share, they should be free to share.  The GPL is a way of nullifying unjust intellectual property laws and preventing injustice.

If all software must be free software and free software must be open source then that's forcing developers to publish source code, if that wasn't what RMS/The FSF wanted they would simply be campaigning for no-copyright like the Pirate Party and would publish their software as public domain not use the tools they *claim* to despise against their users with this non-permisive copyleft cancer.