Sign in to follow this  
Goober

rtrip Beta 1 - based on ptrip from Quake 2

I've loved this map ever since the first time I saw it in Quake 2, so I thought I'd "remake" it in Reflex.

This is by no means a faithful remake. Lifts and ladders just don't exist in Reflex, so I've had to improvise. I've also made some other adjustments which I feel will make the map play better in Reflex.

On the workshop: [Link]

Give it a shot, and I'd love to hear your feedback. Any and all comments or critiques are definitely welcomed.

S15483b39096e1530bc5.png

Update Sept 13 2016:

-Added ammo

-Changed teleporter to jumppad

-Added some effects (crates)

-Adjusted some sizing

Edited by Goober

I will have to try it out soon, looks like you went out of your way to do some nice beveling though :D

I tried to make the geometry look at least half decent. I think the next order of business is making the stairs a bit nicer, and then lighting the map.

I'd definitely like to hear your feedback when you get around to playing it :)

Played this a few days ago, I can't really offer much criticism on the map overall because it was only one duel but I didn't identify any problems with the flow or item placement. The mindgames that were possible with the elongated hallways and RL teleporter were a nice change of pace from some of the other more aggression-oriented maps. I'll need to play a few more duels on it to really assess the layout but on a first pass it's a lot of fun, good job.

How closely does the map follow the quake 2 design?

The mindgames that were possible with the elongated hallways and RL teleporter were a nice change of pace from some of the other more aggression-oriented maps. I'll need to play a few more duels on it to really assess the layout but on a first pass it's a lot of fun, good job.

That's the main reason I always liked the map so much. I'd love to get a few more duels on it as well. 

[PURRI vs Provi Quake2 EDL# 8 Invitational map2 ptrip Part1]

Above is a video of a match played on the map in Quake 2. The base layout is pretty much the same. The jumppad and teleporter in my Reflex version were lifts in the original, and the new YA staircase was a ladder in the original. The YA/SG area is definitely the biggest changeup, but I think it's more suited to Reflex's gamestyle this way.

Thanks for the feedback!

I've uploaded this map to the workshop and made some changes based on feedback from players. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Workshop link: [Link]

Update Sept 13 2016:

-Added ammo

-Changed teleporter to jumppad

-Added some effects (crates)

-Adjusted some sizing

Still lots of work to do on it, but I'd like to get the gameplay hammered out before I start making it look pretty. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!